Hua Pan, MBA, PhD
Assistant Professor Biomedical, College of Medicine Internal Medicine
4001 E Fletcher Ave
Academic Phone:(813) 396-9755
- MBA, Business Administration, Washington University in St. Louis, 2014
- Phd, Biomedical Engineering, Washington University in St. Louis, 2007
- Cancer-treatment induced cardiotoxicity is the leading cause of the mortality in more than 15.5 million cancer survivors. Moreover, the cardiotoxicity is the reason cancer patients could not continue receiving treatment. Research of my lab is focused on understanding the mechanism of cancer-treatment related cardiotoxicity through integrated omics-based approach and validating nano-scale platform treatment strategies to mitigate cardiotoxocity for cancer patients and survivors. My laboratory provides a multidisciplinary basic and applied research environment and training venue with a translational emphasis. Specific research focuses include:
- 1. Mitigate cancer-treatment related vascular damage with anti-thrombotic interventions.
- 2. Target the Nox2/4-oxidative stress axis for predicting and alleviating cardiomyocyte toxicity caused by anthracyclines.
- 3. Target the inflammation signaling pathways for predicting and alleviating cardiotoxicity caused by immune checkpoint inhibitors.
- Kabir AU Lee TJ Pan H Berry JC Krchma K Wu J Liu F Kang HK Hinman K Yang L Hamilton S Zhou Q Veis DJ Mecham RP Wickline SA Miller MJ Choi . Requisite endothelial reactivation and effective siRNA nanoparticle targeting of Etv2/Er71 in tumor angiogenesis JCI Insight. , 2018.
- Yan H Duan X Pan H Holguin N Rai MF Akk A Springer L Wickline SA Sandell LJ and Pham CTN. Suppression of NF-κB activity via nanoparticle-based siRNA delivery alters early cartilage responses to injury. PNAS.. 113(41) : E6199-E6208., 2016.
- Palekar RU Jallouk AP Goette MJ Chen J Myerson JW Allen JS Akk A Yang L Tu Y Miller MJ Pham CTN Wickline SA Pan H. Quantifying Progression and Regression of Thrombotic Risk in Experimental Atherosclerosis. FASEB J.. , 2015.
- Jallouk AP Palekar RU Marsh JN Pham CT Pan H Schlesinger PH Wickline SA. Delivery of a Protease-Activated Cytolytic Peptide Prodrug by Perfluorocarbon Nanoparticles. Bioconjug Chem.. , 2015.
- Hou KK Pan H Ratner L Schlesinger PH Wickline SA. Mechanisms of Nanoparticle Mediated siRNA Transfection by Melittin-Derived Peptides. ACS Nano.. 7(10) : 8605-15., 2013.
- Pan H Myerson JW Hu L Marsh JN Hou K Scott MJ Allen JS Hu G San Roman S Lanza GM Schreiber RD Schlesinger PH and Wickline SA. Programmable nanoparticle functionalization for in vivo targeting. FASEB J.. 27: 255-64., 2013.
- Pan H Ivashyna O Sinha B Lanza GM Ratner L Schlesinger PH Wickline SA. Post-formulation Peptide Drug Loading of Nanostructures for Metered Control of NF-κB Signaling. Biomaterials.. 32(1) : 231-238., 2011.
- Wu D, Pan H Delaloye K Cui J. KCNE1 remodels the voltage sensor of Kv7.1 to modulate channel function. Biophys J.. 99(11) : 3599-608., 2010.
- Pan H Myerson JW Ivashyna O Soman NR Marsh JN Hood JL Lanza GM Schlesinger PH Wickline SA. Lipid membrane editing with peptide cargo linkers in cells and synthetic nanostructures. FASEB J.. 24(8) : 2928-37., 2010.
- Silva JR Pan H Wu D Nekouzadeh A Decker KF Cui J Baker NA Sept D Rudy Y. A multiscale model linking ion-channel molecular dynamics and electrostatics to the cardiac action potential. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA.. 106(27) : 11102-6., 2009.