Graduate Medical Education
Diversity Inclusion and Health Equity
The USF Office of Graduate Medical Education (GME) is committed to training physicians from all backgrounds and cultures and has an interest in developing a diverse community among residents and fellows from all training programs.
Weadhere to the USF principles of community which include:
- Excellence with Equity
- Diversity with Inclusion
- Freedom with Responsibility
- Dialogue with Respect
- Transparency and Accountability
USF GME defines diversity not solely limited to race and ethnicity, but also encompass talents, life skills and special attributes.
Our commitment to diversity extends to:
- Enlarging the pool of qualified under-represented minorities and individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds who are interested in pursuing medicine as a career.
- Supporting the holistic review processes by which each applicant's experiences, accomplishments, personal qualities, and potential to enhance the learning environment.
- Retaining admitted minority and disadvantaged medical students and residents through the provision of support services.
- Coordinating diversity in medical education activities involving USF MCOM faculty, staff and residents.
- Create and promote a culturally competent and inclusive environment that fosters and supports a diverse community of faculty, staff, and learners and actively pursues to eliminate systemic racism within its programs.
- Partnering with programs to foster an inclusive learning environment that works toward minimizing health disparities.
The Diversity Subcommittee is charged with upholding the USF MCOM diversity framework that encourages and promotes an environment that emphasizes the value and importance of diversity in the learning and working environment.
Under the auspices of the Graduate Medical Education Committee, the Diversity Subcommittee establishes initiatives and programs that will educate our house staff on the impact of diversity and culturally competent care in their practice and society as well as promote the growth of diversity within our programs and the medical field.
Are you interested in joining an institution or affiliate diversity/equity committee or the opportunity to fund your research related to Health Equity?
Contact a member of the Resident Advisory Committee (RAC) or Chair of Diversity & Health Equity Subcommittee for more information. email@example.com