The Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
Application Requirements and Criteria for Family Medicine Residency
- ERAS Common Application
- Dean’s Letter
- Medical school transcript
- 3 letters of recommendation (with at least 1 letter from a Family Physician), current within the last 18 months
- Passing scores on USMLE Step 1, Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK), and Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) must be achieved by the second attempt. In order to be eligible for ranking, the applicant's Step 2 CK score must be received before the NRMP rank list deadline. Receipt of a passing Step 2 CS score prior to the rank list deadline is preferred.
- Medical school graduation within the last two years or active in an accredited residency or medical practice in the U.S. within the last five years
- Our program does not sponsor Visas or offer Observerships
All DOs must follow AOA requirements for recognition of PGY-1 ACGME programs, and COMLEX scores will be accepted in place of USMLE scores.
International Medical Graduates (IMG’s)
International Medical Graduates (IMGs) also need proof of:
- Valid ECFMG certification at time of application is preferred
- Permanent U.S. resident status
- Clinical experience in the U.S. (hands on experience preferred)
- Command of the English language
To be considered for the 2024 match, complete applications with all supporting documentation must be received by December 1, 2023.
For more information call
Hallie Twomey, GME Program Specialist
Office (727) 467-2404
Fax (727) 467-2471
USF-MPM FM Residency
807 North Myrtle Avenue
Clearwater, FL 33755
2023-2024 Resident Recruitment Co-Chair
Our residents help lead and manage our recruiting efforts. You can contact our current resident recruitment co-chair for additional program information.
- Dr. Harris Tsamolias - Harris.Tsamolias@baycare.org