Who Are We Affiliated With?
USF Eye Institute is a part of USF Health, dedicated to improving the full continuum of health and making life better through research, education, and healthcare. USF Health has at its core the Morsani College of Medicine, Colleges of Nursing, Pharmacy, and Public Health. Also included are the Schools of Biomedical Sciences and Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences, and Tampa Bay area’s largest multispecialty group practice, the USF Physicians Group.
About the University of South Florida & USF Health
The USF Eye Institute encompasses the University of South Florida Ophthalmology Department located in Tampa, Florida. USF is one of the nation’s largest universities:
- over 41,000 students enrolled just on the Tampa campus
- ranked 50th in research expenditures
- ranked 10th in U.S. patents among all universities worldwide
- Center for Medical Learning and Innovation (CAMLS) with simulation, training, research, and medical device development is the world’s largest, freestanding center of its kind
USF Physicians Group affiliations include, but not limited to:
- Tampa General Hospital (level one trauma center)
- Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute (NCI designated)
- VA Medical Centers in Tampa Bay (amongst the highest volume VA sites in the country
- Byrd Alzheimer’s Institute
- Local community hospitals - HCA hospitals & Florida Hospital Tampa
- All Children’s Hospital and Shriners Hospital for Children
USF Eye Institute has clinical and research collaborations with these specialists, colleges, and institutions, including many of the Ophthalmology faculty having formal appointments at the VA, Tampa General, and Moffitt as well as the School of Engineering & Physics. We are committed to expanding research efforts into the causes and cures of eye disease, and in sharing those findings with other health professionals through Continuing Education programs and other educational opportunities, including the West Florida Ophthalmology Grand Rounds.
USF Eye offers patient care services, as well as research and education in the areas below.
We are one of the few multi-specialty ophthalmology care centers in the region offering enrollment in clinical trials and providing comprehensive, one-stop ophthalmology treatment options.
- Advanced Visual Function Testing/ERG
- Ocular Oncology
- Cataract Surgery
- Oculofacial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Contact Lens and Low Vision
- Ophthalmic Pathology
- Cornea and External Eye Disease
- Pediatric and Family Ophthalmology
- Cosmetic Eyelid and Facial Surgery
- Refractive Surgery and LASIK
- General Ophthalmology
- Toxicity Screening
- Glaucoma Care