Applying for Residency
All applicants for a dermatology residency at USF must be registered with the National Residency Match Program http://www.nrmp.org. Applications are only accepted through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). DO NOT send us paper copies of manuscripts. Further information on ERAS can be found at http://www.aamc.org/eras.
You will be applying for a PGY-2 position to begin in July 2014. We will no longer offer the preliminary year in Internal Medicine and will be listed in ERAS as an Advanced program.
ERAS Application Deadline: November 1
- USMLE Step 1 must be completed before applying; Step 2 (or equivalent) must be completed before entering residency training. D.O. applicants must also have taken the USMLE exams to apply.
- Minimum of three letters of reference, prefer one or more from a dermatologist including your program director. No set maximum.
- Personal Statement. (Not a definition of dermatology. Include a brief statement on why you chose the specialty, personal characteristics, your career aspirations, what you are looking for in a training program, anything specific about yourself that doesn't fit elsewhere in the ERAS application.)
- Students are encouraged to sign up for a rotation with us
- All interviews are conducted the second Monday of January. There are no exceptions. Those selected for an interview will be notified by mid-December.