USF Institute on Microbiomes
The University of South Florida Initiative on Microbiomes is partnering with the Global Virus Network to offer the online course, Microbiomes and their Impact on Viral Infections. Taught by world-renowned expert instructors, this certified, non-credit course will provide you with the latest knowledge on the importance and role of the microbiome in preventing, mitigating and treating diseases.
Who Should Enroll?
- Public health professionals
- Medical professionals
- Health, medical and science faculty
- Health, medical and science students
- Anyone interested in learning more about the Microbiome
Time to Completion
- Two sessions
- Up to 8 weeks to complete
- Self-paced, online format
- Session 1 – Introduction to Microbiome, 11 modules
- Session 2 – Symbiotic Evolutions in the Microbiome World, 9 modules
- What are microbiomes?
- How do you investigate microbiomes?
- What is the impact of microbiomes on health?
- Which are the interactions between microbiomes and viral infections?
Cost to Attend
- Industries - $1500
- Academics - $800*
- Students - $500*
*Please contact Aline P. C. Ribeiro Valle to learn how to apply the discount during the registration process.
Click HERE for more information.
Introduction by Dr. Christian Brechot, Professor of Internal Medicine at USF and President of the Global Virus Network