Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology
Summer Undergraduate Research Program
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
USF Cardiovascular Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships (SURF) Sponsored by the American Heart Association
The USF Cardiovascular Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) Program is supported by a grant from the American Heart Association to the Morsani College of Medicine’s Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology.
The goal of this program is to expose students to active research and education programs in the cardiovascular sciences. This program provides support for undergraduate students to spend 10 weeks in a cardiovascular research laboratory. The students participating in the SURF program will engage in weekly career development workshops and research seminars. Students will have opportunities to interact with both basic science researchers and clinicians focused on cardiovascular diseases. After the summer, the students will present their research findings at a national meeting, such as AHA Scientific Sessions.
- Application Deadline: February 7, 2023, 5:00 PM EDT
- Dates of Fellowship: May 22 – August 2, 2023
- Number of Positions Available: 5
- Stipend: Up to $6,000
- Travel expenses (up to $3000) to a national scientific meeting supported by the program.
- Applicants must be in their junior or senior academic undergraduate year of study.
- Good academic standing is required.
- The program is open to United States Citizens and Foreign Nationals holding student, exchange, or permanent resident visas, including F1, H1, H1B, PR, TC, or TN visas. Awardees must meet American Heart Association citizenship criteria throughout the entire duration of the fellowship.
- Applicants must be eligible to receive payments prior to May 22, 2023.
- This is a full-time fellowship, and the fellows may not take other classes while enrolled in this program.
Jerome W. Breslin, PhD
Ruisheng Liu, MD, PhD
Sami F. Noujaim, PhD
Hana Totary-Jain, PhD
Sarah Y. Yuan, MD, PhD
For more information, please contact the Program Director, Dr. Jerome Breslin. Email: email@example.com
Before starting your application, please prepare the following, so you may copy and paste them into your application form:
- A description of your future career goals (maximum 200 words).
- A description of your previous research experience (maximum 200 words).