Charles Preuss, Ph.D., R.Ph.
Assistant Professor, Cop Dept Of Pharmaceutical Science
Assoc Professor, College Of Medicine Molecular Pharmacology & Physiology
College Of Medicine Molecular Pharmacology & Physiology
Associate Professor, Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology, College of Medicine, University of South Florida
12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33612
Academic Email: email@example.com
Academic Phone: (813) 974-7187
- PHD, Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Wayne State University, 1996
- Ph.D., Pharmaceutical Sciences, Wayne State University, 1995
- B.S., Pharmacy, Wayne State University, 1991
- Medical Education, Drug Metabolism, Pharmacogenomics, Dietary Supplements
- American Society of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (Member, 2009 - Present)
- International Association of Medical Science Educators (Member, 2009 - Present)
- American Pharmacist Association (Member, 1988 - Present)
- Wells K., Preuss C., Pathak Y., Kosambiya J., Kumar A. Engaging the Community in Health Research in India. Technology and Innovation. 13, 2012.
- Muscarella M., Preuss C., Sabir A., and Pathak Y. Part I: Embracing QBD and PAT in Nutraceutical Production. Tablets and Capsules. 7(9) : 18-25, 2011.
- Pathak P. and Preuss C. Nanotechnology research and academic performance evaluation. Technology and Innovation. 13: 75–82, 2011.
- Karlsson, GA.Preuss, CV.Chaitoff, KA.Maher, TJ.Ally, A. Medullary monoamines and NMDA-receptor regulation of cardiovascular responses during peripheral nociceptive stimuli. Neuroscience research. 55(3) : 316-26, 2006. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16684576
- Ishide, T.Preuss, CV.Maher, TJ.Ally, A. Neurochemistry within ventrolateral medulla and cardiovascular effects during static exercise following eNOS antagonism. Neuroscience research. 52(1) : 21-30, 2005. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15811549
- Morrow, JD.Edeki, TI.El Mouelhi, M.Galinsky, RE.Kovelesky, R.Noveck, RJ.Preuss, C. American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics position statement on dietary supplement safety and regulation. Clinical pharmacology and therapeutics. 77(3) : 113-22, 2005. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15735605
- Preuss, CV.Wood, TC.Szumlanski, CL.Raftogianis, RB.Otterness, DM.Girard, B.Scott, MC.Weinshilboum, RM. Human histamine N-methyltransferase pharmacogenetics: common genetic polymorphisms that alter activity. Molecular pharmacology. 53(4) : 708-17, 1998. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9547362
- Preuss, CV.Svensson, CK. Arylacetamide deacetylase activity towards monoacetyldapsone. Species comparison, factors that influence activity, and comparison with 2-acetylaminofluorene and p-nitrophenyl acetate hydrolysis. Biochemical pharmacology. 51(12) : 1661-8, 1996. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8687481
- Saab, NH.West, EE.Bieszk, NC.Preuss, CV.Mank, AR.Casero, RA.Woster, PM. Synthesis and evaluation of unsymmetrically substituted polyamine analogues as modulators of human spermidine/spermine-N1-acetyltransferase (SSAT) and as potential antitumor agents. Journal of medicinal chemistry. 36(20) : 2998-3004, 1993. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8411017
- Assistant Professor (Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology, College of Medicine, University of South Florida 2008 - 2012)
- Associate Professor (Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Sullivan University 2007 - 2008)
- Assistant Professor (Lloyd L. Gregory School of Pharmacy, Palm Beach Atlantic University 2002 - 2007)
- Assistant Professor (Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Ferris State University 1998 - 2001)
- Assistant Professor (Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, South Dakota State University 1997 - 1998)
- Rho Chi Honor Society 1992)
- Lilly's Student Leadership Recognition 1991)
- The Kappa Psi Award 1991)
- Kappa Psi Henry Melton Award 1990)
- Kappa Psi Aesculapius Key 1988)