Summer Undergraduate Research Program
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
USF Heart Institute Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships (HI-SURF) Sponsored by the American Heart Association
The USF Heart Institute Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (HI-SURF) Program is supported by a grant from the American Heart Association to the Morsani College of Medicine’s Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology.
The goal of this program is to expose students to active research and education programs in the cardiovascular sciences. This program provides support for undergraduate students to spend 10 weeks in a cardiovascular research laboratory. The students participating in the HI-SURF program will engage in weekly career development workshops and research seminars. Students will have opportunities to interact with both basic science researchers and clinicians focused on cardiovascular diseases.
- Application Deadline: March 16, 2018
- Notification: April 27, 2018
- Dates of Fellowship: May 28 – August 3, 2018
- Duration: 400 hours within 8-10 weeks
- Number of Positions Available: 5
- Stipend: Up to $4000
- Applicants must be in their junior or senior academic undergraduate year of study.
- Good academic standing is required.
- The program is open to United States Citizens and Foreign Nationals holding student, exchange, or permanent resident visas, including F1, H1, H1B, PR, TC, or TN visas. Awardees must meet American Heart Association citizenship criteria throughout the entire duration of the fellowship.
- Applicants must be eligible to receive payments prior to June 1, 2018.
Jerome W. Breslin, PhD
Ruisheng Liu, MD, PhD
Sami F. Noujaim, PhD
Mack H. Wu, MD
Sarah Y. Yuan, MD, PhD
For more information, please contact the
Program Director, Dr. Jerome Breslin.