Purpose: The purpose of the Research Committee is to ensure an ongoing, robust research portfolio within the College that represents the breadth and depth of public health; reflects faculty strengths, student interests and community needs; promotes faculty and student success; engages communities in translating research into action; enhances the reputation of the College; and advances the field in meaningful and impactful ways.
- The COPH Research Committee will be comprised of 9 voting members (5 faculty members from each department or discipline, and 4 at-large members). Each department will elect one ranked senior faculty member (Associate or Full Professor) who is actively engaged in research.
- The chair shall be elected by the committee from among the senior faculty members and serve in accordance with Article VII 1. above.
- In addition to the 9 voting members, the committee may also include 4 non-voting Ex- officio members such as post-docs, research associates and graduate students as determined by the committee chair in consultation with the department chairs.
- A representative from the administration staff, who is involved in research administration, shall also serve as an ex-officio non-voting member.
Functions and Duties:
The Faculty Affairs Committee advises the Dean on matters related to the faculty in the College. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Recommend procedures and programs for facilitating research at the college.
- Expedite and monitor research mentoring program for junior faculty.
- Coordinate research and award opportunities for faculty and students.
- Establish a system to encourage interdisciplinary research across departments/disciplines as well as student-faculty research opportunities.Review research policies and procedures from across USF that impact COPH researchers.
- Coordinate with USF Research Council regarding research policies, procedures and protocols that impact COPH researchers.
(From Governance Manual page 9)
|Stephanie Marhefka (Chair)||CFHfirstname.lastname@example.org||974-5810|
|Marie Bourgeois||EOH|| email@example.com
Meeting Agenda and Minutes
- April 17, 2018 (Agenda / Minutes)
- April 6, 2018 (Agenda / Minutes)
- April 3, 2018 (Agenda / Minutes)
- March 30, 2018 (Agenda / Minutes)
- March 20, 2018 (Agenda / Minutes)
- February 20, 2018 (Agenda / Minutes)
- January 23, 2018 (Agenda / Minutes)
- January 17, 2018 (Agenda / Minutes)
- January 11, 2018 (Agenda / Minutes)
- November 9, 2016 (Agenda / Minutes)
- October 19, 2016 (Agenda / Minutes)
- October 5, 2016 (Agenda / Minutes)
- September 14, 2016 (Agenda / Minutes)
- September 7, 2016 (Agenda / Minutes)
- July 13, 2016 (Agenda / Minutes)
- June 8, 2016 (Agenda / Minutes)
- May 18, 2016 (Agenda / Minutes)
- April 13, 2016 (Agenda / Minutes)
- March 18, 2016 (Agenda / Minutes)
- February 10, 2016 (Agenda / Minutes)