Purpose: The purpose of the Education Committee is to provide faculty and departments with a formal process to lead and guide all education-related aspects of the College of Public Health in order to promote and insure a quality learning experience for all students. The term ‘department’ in this section is used to include the College departments and theUndergraduate Program.
Structure: The Education Committee shall be comprised of three (3) faculty members from each department: One (1) Senior member, and two (2) additional members. Members will be elected by departments and must have substantial experience in educational matters. The Senior member will typically be the chair of the department education committee.Duties:
- Reviews and approves new and revised degree programs, concentrations, courses, certificates, and other items related to instruction/learning, which originate within the College, or in which the College participates with other entities.
- Reviews and monitors the current degree programs, concentrations, courses, certificates, educational methods, and other items related to instruction/learning of the College to insure quality and, appropriateness of content
- Reviews and monitors all procedure, practices, and outcomes that affect any aspect of education at the College.
- Approves, monitors, coordinates, and promotes interdisciplinary academic programs.
- Approves, monitors, coordinates, and promotes experiential-based curriculum requirements.
- Approves, monitors, coordinates, and promotes culminating experience requirements.
- Reviews and approves education-related technology, and associated standards for delivering quality instruction.
- Develops, approves, and monitors reviews of student performance.
- Oversees periodic reviews of academic programs as a means of providing ongoing evaluation to assist in program improvement and in meeting the standards set by the Council for Education in Public Health (CEPH) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
(From Governance Manual pages 7-9)
|Steve Mlynarek (chair)||EOHemail@example.com|
|Associate Members:||Department: WG = WorkGroup||Phone:|
|Alicia Best||CFH Education WGfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Anna Armstrong||CFH ETA WGemail@example.com|
|Skai Schwartz||EPB Education WGfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Wei Wang||EPB ETA WGemail@example.com|
|Foday Jaward||EOH Education WGfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rene Salazar||EOH ETA WGemail@example.com|
|Donna Haiduven||GH Education WGfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ismael Hoare||GH ETA WGemail@example.com|
|Zachary Pruitt||HPM Education WGfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jacqueline Wiltshire||HPM ETA WGemail@example.com|
|Laura Rusnak||UG Education WGfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Matawal Makut||UG ETA WG||974-9372|
|Stacy Griner||Student - PhD CFHemail@example.com|
|Marlene Joannie Bewa
||Student - MPH HPMfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|David Hogeboom||Admin Supportemail@example.com|
|Tara Greer||Admin Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cathy Silva||EOH Admin Supportemail@example.com|
|Melanie Wicinski||Curriculum Specialistfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Minutes / Agenda:
- October 4, 2017 / Agenda
- September 6, 2017 / Agenda
- August 02, 2017 / Agenda
- July 12, 2017 / Agenda
- June 14, 2017 / Agenda
- May 24, 2017 / Agenda
- April 26, 2017 / Agenda
- April 5, 2017 / Agenda
- March 1, 2017 / Agenda
- February 1, 2017 / Agenda
- January 11, 2017 / Agenda
- December 7, 2016 / Agenda
- November 2, 2016 / Agenda
- October 12, 2016 / Agenda
- September 7, 2016 / Agenda
Curriculum Submission Information:
Instructions for new or changed curriculum proposals
- Graduate Studies: Graduate Course and Program Processing
- Undergraduate Studies: Undergraduate Course and Program Processing
- EC Bylaws
- EC Instructions Regarding Curriculum Process
- EC Curriculum Tracking Form
- Checklist for Course Proposals and Examples
Committee Members Only: