Purpose: The purpose of the Education Committee is to provide faculty and the College with a formal process to lead and guide all education-related aspects of the College of Public Health in order to insure and promote a quality learning experience for all students.
Structure: The Education Committee shall be comprised of three (3) faculty members from each concentration functional group. The term “concentration functional group” in this section is used to include all existing College Graduate Program concentrations that have been aligned by faculty into assemblies of related focus and interests, and the Undergraduate Program.
Each concentration functional group will have one voting member, the Primary member, and two additional non-voting members. The latter two members will serve on either the Education Work Group or the Technology and Assessment Work Group. Members will be elected under the procedures established by the directors of the concentrations that comprise each concentration functional group, and the Primary member must have substantial experience in educational matters. The Primary member typically will be the chair of the education committee of the concentration functional group.Duties:
- Review and approve new and revised degree programs, concentrations, courses, certificates, and other items related to instruction/learning, which originate within the College, or in which the College participates with other entities.
- Review and monitor the current degree programs, concentrations, courses, certificates, educational methods, and other items related to instruction/learning of the College to insure quality and, appropriateness of content.
- Review and monitor all procedure, practices, and outcomes that affect any aspect of education at the College.
- Approve, monitor, coordinate, and promote interdisciplinary academic programs.
- Approve, monitor, coordinate, and promote experiential-based curriculum requirements.
- Approve, monitor, coordinate, and promote culminating experience requirements.
- Review and approve education-related technology, and associated standards for delivering quality instruction.
- Develop, approve, and monitor reviews of student performance.
- Oversee periodic reviews of academic quality of programs, concentrations, and courses as a means of providing ongoing evaluation to assist in program improvement and in meeting the standards set by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), the Council for Education in Public Health (CEPH), and other accrediting bodies.
(extracted from the College of Public Health Governance Manual)
|Steve Mlynarek (chair)||EOHemail@example.com|
|Associate Members:||Department: WG = WorkGroup||Phone:|
|Alicia Best||CFH Education WGfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Anna Armstrong||CFH ETA WGemail@example.com|
|Skai Schwartz||EPB Education WGfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Wei Wang||EPB ETA WGemail@example.com|
|Foday Jaward||EOH Education WGfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rene Salazar||EOH ETA WGemail@example.com|
|Donna Haiduven||GH ETA WGfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ismael Hoare||GH Education WGemail@example.com|
|Zachary Pruitt||HPM Education WGfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jacqueline Wiltshire||HPM ETA WGemail@example.com|
|Laura Rusnak||UG Education WGfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Matawal Makut||UG ETA WG||974-9372|
|Stacy Griner||Student - PhD CFHemail@example.com|
|Marlene Joannie Bewa
||Student - MPH HPMfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|David Hogeboom||Admin Supportemail@example.com|
|Tara Greer||Admin Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cathy Silva||EOH Admin Supportemail@example.com|
|Melanie Wicinski||Curriculum Specialistfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Curriculum Submission Information:
Instructions for new or changed curriculum proposals
- Graduate Studies: Graduate Course and Program Processing
- Undergraduate Studies: Undergraduate Course and Program Processing
- EC Bylaws
- EC Instructions Regarding Curriculum Process
- EC Curriculum Tracking Form
- Checklist for Course Proposals and Examples
Committee Members Only:
Meeting Agenda and Minutes
- December 6, 2017 (Agenda / Minutes)
- November 1, 2017 (Agenda / Minutes)
- October 4, 2017 (Agenda / Minutes)
- September 6, 2017 (Agenda / Minutes)
- August 02, 2017 (Agenda / Minutes)
- July 12, 2017 (Agenda / Minutes)
- June 14, 2017 (Agenda / Minutes)
- May 24, 2017 (Agenda / Minutes)
- April 26, 2017 (Agenda / Minutes)
- April 5, 2017 (Agenda / Minutes)
- March 1, 2017 (Agenda / Minutes)
- February 1, 2017 (Agenda / Minutes)
- January 11, 2017 (Agenda / Minutes)