|APPLICATION TO GRADUATE(Main Campus Dates)|
|Semester||Deadline to Apply||Main Campus Commencement Date|| COPH Graduation Date
|Fall 2016||September 16, 2016||December 10, 2016||December 9, 2016
|Spring 2017|| February 3, 2017
||May 5, 2017||May 5, 2017
Graduation Application is a packet consisting of four parts for MPH/MSPH/MHA: (Three parts for PhD and DrPH)
- Application to Degree (Completed on Oasis http://oasis.usf.edu/ )
- Completed Program checksheet w/ student and advisor signature
- COPH Graduation Information Survey
- COPH Graduate Online Exit Survey
- Complete Application to Degree and USF Graduation Survey on Oasis
- Complete the remaining forms and submit to the COPH Academic and Student Affairs Office (WELL MDA 1006), mail to College of Public Health, USF, 13201 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., MDC 56, Tampa, FL 33612 or email@example.com
- Check USF Health email for any updates. We will not correspond through other email addresses.
Submit your application on time! Any application received after the deadline will not be accepted. See Important Deadlines
- Students must be registered for at least 2 graduate hours in the semester of graduation.
- All incomplete & missing grades must be cleared by the last day of classes of the semester you are graduating. See the instructor to request a change of grade.
- The following students must complete the CoPH Competencies Online Form:
- MPH students who entered their CoPH program in the Spring 08 term or later.
- PHD, DRPH, MSPH, MHA students who entered their CoPH program in the Fall of 2011 or later.
- All issues must be resolved before the last day of classes.
- For PHD and MSPH students: A bound copy of your dissertation/thesis will be required when submitting your Certificate Of Approval to Academic Affairs. For information on Thesis and Dissertation procedures, see the Graduate Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Resource Center at http://www.grad.usf.edu/thesis.php
USF Main Campus Commencement:
After all of the requirements for the degree have been fulfilled, graduate students may participate in commencement exercises. The ceremony will be held on, Saturday, December 10, 2016, 6:00pm at the Sun dome. Students graduating from programs based from the Tampa campus (despite location, i.e. may be located in St. Petersburg, Sarasota, Lakeland, etc., such as students in Marine Science) participate in commencement exercises on the Tampa campus. All doctoral graduates receive degree conferral from the Tampa campus and therefore participate in commencement exercises in Tampa. If you are participating in the commencement ceremony on main campus, you will need to order your cap and gown from the USF Bookstore on main campus. For more information about the USF Commencement Ceremony see their web site. http://usfweb2.usf.edu/commencement/.
COPH Graduation Celebration:
The College of Public Health holds a Graduation Celebration for our Graduates on Friday, December 9, 2016 at 1:00pm. The Dean's Office will be mailing an invitation to all students who are anticipating graduation at that time.
Relocation & Completing your Degree:
If you are relocating you will need to meet with your advisor as soon as possible to discuss a plan to complete any unfinished course work. Contact the COPH Academic and Student Affairs Office prior to your departure to coordinate all of your final paperwork (813) 974-6505.
Unless notified, all students will be certified to graduate and will receive their diploma in the mail from the Registrar's Office approximately 2 months after their graduation. Students with a change of address should contact the Academic and Student Affairs Office prior to the graduation ceremony. Questions regarding diplomas should be directed to the Registrar's Office at (813) 974-2000.
USF Health E-mail Address:
Your USF Health e-mail address will be deactivated approximately six weeks after graduation (unless you are continuing to take COPH classes in the following semester or are a USF Health staff or faculty member). Please make sure you transfer any e-mails or documents that you wish to be able to retrieve after this date to another e-mail provider or other storage modality.
Students who have completed a Graduate Certificate Program should contact the Graduate Certificate Office, (813) 974-2442, for the procedure to receive their Graduate Certificate (see Graduate Certificate Completion Process on their web site).
Students who would like to order additional copies of their transcripts will need to place an order and pay online.