VCARE Sequence (VCA)
Veteran to BS
V-CARE is a Bachelor of Science in Nursing sequence created for service members and veterans who have completed training as Army or Air Force medics and Navy corpsmen. V-CARE is a student-centered program tailored to each veteran, acknowledging and recognizing the training and experience that each student brings. V-CARE shortens the time to degree completion while maintaining the academic rigor, clinical quality, and high NCLEX pass rates for which USF College of Nursing (CON) is known.
V-CARE Informational Webinars
- According to College Factual and as reported by Military Times magazine in 2015, USF’s College of Nursing was ranked the #1 most veteran-friendly College of Nursing in the nation.
- USF is ranked the #2 in the nation for “Best for Vets” Colleges by Military Times magazine in 2016.
- #1 in National Institution of Health (NIH) research funding in the Florida State University System and #24 nationally
- USF has an established Office of Veteran Success and Veteran Achievement Center for students
- World class faculty - many with military experience
- The University of South Florida is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award degrees at the baccalaureate, master's, specialist and doctoral levels
- We are nationally accredited by The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) at the BS, MS and DNP levels
- Conditionally accepted into the nursing program while completing prerequisites anywhere in the country
- Military training and education credits awarded
- No expiration date on prerequisite courses
- V-CARE baccalaureate nursing sequence is designed for completion in 4 semesters
- Dedicated on site V-CARE academic advisor
- Veteran affairs advisor to facilitate use of education benefits
- Clinical training at level I trauma centers and VA healthcare centers