Pediatric Neurology Program
The Pediatric Neurology Program provides evaluation and treatment of a broad range of disorders of the brain, nerves and muscles in children including:
- Seizure disorders/epilepsy (including febrile convulsions)
- Cerebral palsy
- Stroke, including stroke in premature and full term infants
- Metabolic Disorders - inborn error of metabolism, mitochondrial disorders
- Movement Disorders - tic disorder, Tourette's syndrome
- Neuromuscular Disorders - spinal muscular atrophy, Guillain-Barré syndrome, Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, myasthenia gravis, myopathies and muscular dystrophies
We are dedicated to giving the highest level of care to our patients and their families with neurological disorders.
The Program is led by Maria Gieron, MD. She is board certified in Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology. She is ranked among the Best Pediatric Neurologists by the U.S. News & World Report.
Maria Gieron, MD
Professor of Pediatrics