Division of Genetics & Metabolism
The USF Regional Genetics and Metabolism program was established in 1977 to provide comprehensive medical management to individuals and families with a genetic condition. This includes an initial evaluation and examination, genetic testing as appropriate, genetic counseling and follow up as appropriate.
The goals of genetic counseling are to help the individual or family:
- Understand the medical facts, including the diagnosis, probable course of the condition, and available treatment.
- Appreciate the hereditary nature of the condition.
- Understand options for testing and management.
- Choose the course of action which seems personally appropriate.
- Adjust to the information provided.
USF Genetics and Metabolism is an affiliate clinic in the Children's Tumor Foundation Neurofibromatosis Clinic Network (CTF-NFCN)