Welcome from the Chair
Welcome to the Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology. Our group is composed of scientists, educators and trainees with diverse backgrounds in pharmacology, physiology, neuroscience, and molecular/cellular biology. We strive to fulfill the education mission of USF Health Morsani College of Medicine and the School of Biomedical Sciences by designing and conducting high quality interdisciplinary courses at the graduate (Ph.D, M.S.) and professional (M.D., D.P.T, and Pharm.D.) degree levels. We provide extraordinary learning experiences for our students with the goal of preparing them for the ever-challenging environment in medicine as well as the transformation in biomedical research.
The goal of our research programs is to translate studies that decipher mechanisms of diseases or discover novel diagnostic/therapeutic targets into improved health care. Our current interests and expertise include:
- Neurophysiology and Pharmacology
- Respiratory Physiology and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Computational Modeling and Systems Biology
- Cardiovascular Regulation in Health and Disease
- Renal Pathophysiology and Hypertension
- Microcirculation, Lymphatic Biology, Cell and Matrix Molecular Biology
- Metabolic Disorders, Obesity, and Diabetic Complications
- Neurodegenerative Diseases, Alzheimer's disease, Angelman Syndrome
- Traumatic Injury and Tissue Repair and Regeneration
Please visit the above pull-down sites for detailed research and education programs that are currently ongoing in our department. Have fun surfing!
Sarah Yuan, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor & Chair
Department of Molecular Pharmacology & Physiology