The overall goal of the DTM will be to expand its influence and reputation as a premier research division in Molecular Mdicine at USF and throughout the United States and the world by:
- Increasing fiscal self-sufficiency through federal and state support of research grants, program projects and Center of Excellence grants and by donations from private donors.
- Strengthening the DTM’s research and creative endeavors through publications in prominent peer-review journals and presentations at international scientific meetings.
- Enhancing student research training through dedicated mentoring of medical and doctoral students, interns and residents interested in research and academic careers.
- Being an umbrella multidisciplinary integrative research center enagaged in translating basic research from bench to bedside.
- Promoting and conducting research in collaboration with Nanomedicine Research Center the area of interdisciplinary research in nanomedicine, nanodiagnostics and nanotherapeutics.
- By establishing educational courses, research seminars and conferences in nanomedicine.