David Smith, Jr., MD
Professor & Chair, College Of Medicine Surgery
Chair, College Of Medicine Surgery
Chief Medical Officer, Center For Advanced Medical Learning And Simulation (Camls)
Director, Division Of Plastic And Reconstructive Surgery
Richard G. Connar Endowed Chair, Surgery
Director, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, USF
Chief Medical Officer, Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation (CAMLS), USF
Richard G. Connar Endowed Chair, Surgery, USF
2 Tampa General Circle
Tampa, FL 33606
Academic Email: email@example.com
Academic Phone: (813) 974-2413
View My C.V.
- MD, Indiana University, Purdue, 1973
"Dr. Smith restarted the Plastic Surgery Program in 2005. He serves as CMO of CAMLS. His focus is to improve resident education and quality of care, incorporating simulation as an important adjunct."
- Inflammation and
- Wound Healing
- American Surgical Association (ASA, 1994 - Present)
- American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (ASPRS, 1990 - Present)
- American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS, 1989 - Present)
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons (AAPS, 1989 - Present)
- American College of Surgeons (ACS, 1984 - Present)
- American Burn Association (ABA, 1984 - Present)
- Ching JA Smith DJ Jr Payne W Doran C Shah J Chen H. The evaluation of physical exam findings in patients
assessed for suspected burn inhalation inury. J Burn Care Res. 36(1) : 197-202, 2015.
- Ching JA Curtis HL Braue JA Kudchadkar R Mendoza T Messina J Cruse CW Harrington M. The impact of
neoadjuvant hedgehog inhibitor therapy on the surgical treatment of extensive basal cell carcinoma. Annals of Plastic Surgery. 74: 193-97, 2015.
- Smith DJ Jr. Achieving Efficient Wound Closure With Autologous Skin. Today's Wound Clinic.. : 23-24, 2014.
- Ching JA Troy J Kuykendall L Smith D. Estrogen treatment of acetic acid burns to the vagina, cervix, and
perineum: A case report and review of the literature J Burn Care Res. 35(5) : e368-71, 2014.
- Smith DJ Jr. Techniques and Outcomes for Hand Surgery. Clinics in Plastic Surgery. 41(3) : 615-623, 2014.
- Hakky T Suber J Baumgarten A Smith D Carrion R. Management of the Adult Buried Penis. Urol List. 11(1) : 3, 2013.
- Patton ML1, Mullins RF, Smith D, Korentager R. An open, prospective, randomized pilot investigation evaluating pain with the use of a soft silicone wound contact layer vs bridal veil and staples on split thickness skin grafts as a primary dressing. J Burn Care Res.. 6(34) : 674-81, 2013.
- Troy J, Karlnoski R, Downes K, Brown KS, Cruse CW, Smith DJ, Payne WG. The Use of EZ Derm® in Partial-Thickness Burns: An Institutional Review of 157 Patients. Eplasty. 13: e14, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23573334
- Smith DJ Karlnoski RA Patel A Cruse CW Brown KS Robson MC. The Treatment of Partial-Thickness Burns
with a Hydroconductive Wound Dressing: Clinical and Mechanistic Effects. Surgical Science. 4: 268-72, 2013.
- Ching JA Smith DJ Jr Troy J Kuykendall . Estrogen treatment of acetic burns to the vagina, cervix and
perineum: A case report and review of the literature J Burn Care Res.. , 2013.
- Hakky TS Suber J Henry G Smith 0 Bradley P Martinez D, Carrion R. Research Article Penile Enhancement
Procedures with Simultaneous Penile Prosthesis Placement . Advances in Urology. 2012: article ID 314612, 2012.
- Karlnoski R Cruse W Brown KS Sprenker CJ Smith D. USE OF DRAWTEX IN THERMAL INJURIES Wounds.. : 17-18, 2012.
- Cone JD, Byrum CS, Payne WG, Smith DJ. A novel adjuvant to the resident selection process: the hartman value profile. Eplasty. 12: e27, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22720114
- Prince MD, Suber JS, Aya-Ay ML, Cone JD, Greene JN, Smith DJ, Smith PD. Prosthesis salvage in breast reconstruction patients with periprosthetic infection and exposure. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 129(1) : 42-8, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22186499
- Ching JA, Smith DJ. Levamisole-induced necrosis of skin, soft tissue, and bone: case report and review of literature. Journal of Burn Care & Research : Official publication of the American Burn Association. 33(1) : e1-5, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22051802
- Ciesla DJ, Cha JY, Smith JS, Llerena LE, Smith DJ. Implementation of an acute care surgery service at an academic trauma center. American Journal of Surgery. 202(6) : 779-85; discussion 785-6, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22137137
- Saleh Mohamed A, ; Elshahat Ahmed; Emara Maher; Hussein Heba; Gould Lisa; Smith David Jr; Awad
Mostafa A. Objective Tools to Analyze the Lower Lateral Cartilage in Unilateral Cleft Lip Nasal Deformities Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 22(4) : 1435-1439, 2011.
- Cone JD, Harrington MA, Kelley SS, Prince MD, Payne WG, Smith DJ. Drug abuse in plastic surgery patients: optimizing detection and minimizing complications. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 127(1) : 445-55, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20871481