USF Health Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine
Welcome to the Pediatric Pulmonology website. This site provides important information for patients and their families as well as for referring physicians.
The Division of Pediatric Pulmonology is committed to providing the highest quality of comprehensive care from our physicians, nurse practitioner, nutritionist, and social worker. We offer specialized patient care and are also involved in innovative clinical research. We are also involved with the education of our future physicians at the University of South Florida College of Medicine. Multidisciplinary pulmonary services are provided to infants, children, and adolescents with a variety of respiratory disorders including:
- Abnormal chest imaging
- Airway abnormalities
- Allergic disorders
- Aspiration lung injury from swallowing dysfunction & gastroesophageal reflux
- Chronic lung disease of infancy
- Respiratory ciliary disorders
- Cystic fibrosis
- Interstitial lung diseases
- Recurrent cough & wheeze
- Recurrent pneumonias or other respiratory infections
- RSV infection and its long-term respiratory effects
- Sleep apnea and sleep-disordered breathing
- Technology-dependent children
- Unexplained respiratory conditions
- Vocal cord dysfunction
Lung function testing, chest imaging, exhaled nitric oxide assessment and flexible bronchoscopy are available in our main clinic setting. Our clinical base is on Davis Islands in downtown Tampa. In addition, we have satellite clinics in North Tampa and Watson Clinic South in Lakeland. We work closely with primary care providers who refer patients to us so that we may provide the best possible care to our patients.
Our pulmonary program is a Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia Clinical and Research Center Network Affiliate.