Kestutis Boyev, MD
Assoc Professor, College Of Medicine Otolaryngology
Assoc Professor, Department Of Oncologic Sciences
Division Chief, College Of Medicine Otolaryngology
Associate Professor, Otolaryngology
Associate Professor, Otolaryngology, Univeristy of South Florida
12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33612
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone: (813) 974-4683
- Fellowship, Otology - Neurotology, Harvard Medical School, 2000
- MD, University Of Illinois, 1993
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- University of South Florida Office of Research & Innovation, USF Academy of Inventors (Charter Member, 2009 - Present)
- Society of University Otolaryngologists (Member, 2008 - Present)
- American Neurotology Society (ANS) (Member, 2002 - Present)
- Florida Society of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery (Governor, 2000 - Present)
- The International Otopathology Association ( a.k.a. The Scheknecht Society ) (Member, 1998 - Present)
- Association for Research in Otolaryngology (ARO) (Member, 1998 - Present)
- American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery (Member, 1994 - Present)
- Ito CJ, Malone AK, Wong RH, van Loveren HR, Boyev KP. Denervation of the Eustachian Tube and Hearing Loss Following Trigeminal Schwannoma Resection. Journal of Neurological Surgery Reports. 77(1) : e56-61, 2016. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26937336
- Van Gompel JJ, Alikhani P, Youssef AS, Loveren HR, Boyev KP, Agazzi S. Anterior Petrosectomy: Consecutive Series of 46 Patients with Attention to Approach-Related Complications. Journal of Neurological Surgery. Part B, Skull base. 76(5) : 379-84, 2015. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26401480
- Tam M Boyev KP Wong K Padhya . Surgical management of extracranial meningioma presenting in the parapharyngeal space in a pediatric patient. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology Extra. 7: 79-81, 2012.
- Cliff J., Wong R., Carney G., Stavinoha R., and Boyev KP. "Radiographic Analysis of Cochlear Nerve Vascular Compression." Annals of Otology, Rhinology, and Laryngology. 118 (5): 356-361, 2009.
- Meredith JR, Boyev KP. "Mastoiditis on MRI: Fact or Artifact" Ear, Nose, & Throat Journal. 87 (9): 514-518, 2008.
- Boyev KP. "Meniere's Disease or Migraine? The Clinical Significance of Fluctuating Hearing Loss with Vertigo" Archives of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Clinical Challenges Series. 131: 457-459, 2005.
- Boyev KP, Liberman MC, Brown MC. "Effects of Anesthesia on Efferent-Mediated Adaptation of the DPOAE." Journal of the Association for Research in Otolaryngology (JARO). 3: 362-373, 2002.
- Kahn JB, Gliklich RE, Boyev KP, Stewart MG, Metson RB, McKenna MJ. "Validation of a Patient Graded Instrument for Facial Nerve Paralysis: The FACE Scale." Laryngoscope. 111: 387-398, 2001.
- Boyev KP, Poe, DS. "Endoscopic Otologic Surgery" Current Opinion in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. , 1999.
- Wolf JS, Boyev KP, Manokey BJ, MAttox DE. "Success of the Modified Epley Maneuver in Treating Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo." Laryngoscope. 109: 900-903, 1999.
- Boyev KP, Krasna MJ, White CS, McLaughlin JS. "Subarachnoid-Pleural Fistula with Hyponatremia after Resection of a Pancoast Tumor." Ann Thorac Surg. , 1995.
- 2nd Annual Excellence in Innovation Award (University of South Florida - 2009)
- U.S. News & World Report 2007 Best Hospitals List #37 Ear, Nose, and Throat Program (Tampa General Hospital - 2008)
- U.S. News & World Report 2007 Best Hospitals List #46 Ear, Nose and Throat Program (Tampa General Hospital - 2007)
- Member Excellence in State Advocacy Award (Board of Governors - 2007)
- Maryland Society of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Resident Research Award (Maryland Society of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery - 1998)
- Dr. Charles Spencer Williamson Award for Excellence in Internal Medicine (University of Illinois College of Medicine - 1993)
- Thomas C. Reeves Memorial Award (University of Illinois College of Medicine - 1992)