Ulyee Choe, DO
Director, Florida Department of Health - Pinellas County
Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine
1 Tampa General Circle
Tampa FL 33606
Academic Email: email@example.com
Academic Phone:(813) 844-4187
- DO, Osteopathic Medicine, Nova Southeastern University, 2005
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Disease
- Infectious Disease Society of America (Member, 2016 - Present)
- HIV Medicine Association (Member, 2016 - Present)
- Pinellas County Osteopathic Medical Society, Board of Governors (Member, 2016 - Present)
- Pinellas County Medical Association (Board of Governors, 2015 - Present)
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease (Diplomate, 2011 - Present)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Diplomate, 2009 - Present)
- Polk County Medical Association (Executive Committee, Board of Trustees, 2012 - 2015)
- Livingood WC BilelloL Lukens-Bull K Choe . Enhancing sexually transmitted infection notification: A quality improvement collaborative case report. Front Public Health Serv Sys Res. 5(4) : 21-6, 2016.
- Kunadharaju R, Choe U, Harris JR, Lockhart SR, Greene JN. Cryptococcus gattii, Florida, USA, 2011. Emerging infectious diseases. 19(3) : 519-21, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23750364
- Carrington M, Choe U, Ubillos S, Stanek D, Campbell M, Wansbrough L, Lee P, Churchwell G, Rosas K, Zaki SR, Drew C, Paddock CD, Deleon-Carnes M, Guerra M, Hoffmaster AR, Tiller RV, De BK. Fatal case of brucellosis misdiagnosed in early stages of Brucella suis infection in a 46-year-old patient with Marfan syndrome. Journal of clinical microbiology. 50(6) : 2173-5, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22495564
- Gompf SG, Smith K, Choe U. Arenaviruses EMedicine. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/212356-overview(WebMD) , 2011.
- Choe U, Nasr G, Shah M, et al. HIV Virologic Outcomes Associated with Ritonavir-boosted Atazanavir and Concomitant Acid Suppressive Therapy Infectious Disease Society of America. (Boston, MA) , 2011.
- Choe U. HPV Vaccine Recommendations Florida/Caribbean AIDS Education and Training Center. 2(12) , 2011.
- Choe U. HIV Treatment Strategies HIV Intensive Course at the Southease STD/HIV Prevention Training Center. (Tampa, FL) , 2010.
- Choe U. HIV Virologic Outcomes in Associated Ritonavir-boosted Atazanavir and Concomitant Acid Suppressive Therapy Florida Infectious Disease Society Annual Meeting. (Orlando, Fl) , 2010.
- Director (Polk County Health Department, . 2013 - 2015)
- Interim Director (Polk County, Florida Department of Health 2012 - 2013)
- DOH Recognition Award (Florida Department of Health - 2017)
- 2017 Prudential Productivity Award (for Veteran Benefits Initiative with Vital Statistics) (Florida TaxWatch - 2017)
- Visionary Award in recognition of outstanding leadership promoting community water fluoridation (Oral Health Florida - 2017)
- Values Award (Florida Department of Health - 2016)
- Key to Polk County (Presented by Polk BOCC in Appreciation - 2015)
- Values Award (Florida Department of Health - 2015)
- ECSS Awardee for Educational Excellence 2011/12 (Office of Education, University of South Florida - 2012)
- Chief Fellow of Infectious Disease (University of South Florida - 2011)
- Traveler's Grant (Poster presentation at IDSA, Boston, MA - 2011)
- Gold Star Award for Outstanding Customer Service (James A. Haley Veterans Hospital - 2011)
- Chief Fellow of Infectious Disease (University of South Florida - 2010)
- Chief Resident of Internal Medicine (University of South Florida - 2008)