Gina Maria Musolino, PT, MSEd, EdD
Assoc Professor, PHYSICAL THERAPY & REHABILITATION SCIENCES
Academic Email: email@example.com
Academic Phone: (813) 974-2254
View My C.V.
- EDD, Health Care Education, Nova Southeastern, 1998
- EdD, Doctor of Education-Curriculum Design Development & Eval, Nova Southeastern University Fischler School of Higher Ed, 1998
- MSEd, Education - Health Care, Southwest Baptist University, 1992
- PT, Washington University School Of Medicine*, 1987
- BS PT, Physical Therapy, Washington University School of Medicine Program in PT, 1987
- Research focuses on curriculum design, development and evaluation; exploring the scholarship of teaching and learning pertaining to: inter-professional cultural competence, clinical education, reflective practice, and health policy perspectives and initiatives for physical therapy.
- APTA-Education Section (President, 2014 - Present)
- Federation of State Boards of PT Practice (ProCert Reviewer, 2014 - Present)
- The Association of Schools of Allied Health -Journal of Allied Health (Editorial Board Member, 2013 - Present)
- APTA-Neurology Section (Advocacy & Consumer Affairs Committee Chair, 2013 - Present)
- APTA-Physical Therapy Journal (Senior Reviewer, 2011 - Present)
- APTA-FPTA-FL Consortium of Clinical Education (Liaison & Member, 2009 - Present)
- APTA-Health Policy & Administration-The Catalyst (Research Committee, 2013 - 2016)
- APTA-Florida Physical Therapy Association (Chief Delegate, Board of Directors, 2012 - 2016)
- APTA-Education Section Journal of Physical Therapy Education (Editorial Board Member, 2010 - 2016)
- APTA-Education Section (Vice President, 2012 - 2014)
- APTA-Florida Physical Therapy Association (Director-at-Large, Board of Directors, 2011 - 2013)
- Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (National Physical Therapist Exam Item Writer, 2011 - 2012)
- APTA- FPTA FL Delegation to APTA HOD (Delegate, 2009 - 2012)
- APTA-Education Section (Promotion Representative-at-Large, 2006 - 2010)
- Musolino GM, van Duijn J, Noonan AC, Eargle LK, Gray DL. Reasons identified for seeking the American Physical Therapy Association-Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program (CCIP) in Florida. Journal of Allied Health. 42(3) : e51-60, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24013251
- Greenfield, B & Musolino, GM. Technology in Rehabilitation: Ethical and Curricular
Implications for Physical Therapist Education Journal of Physical Therapy Education. 26(2) : 81-90, 2012.
- Dunn L, Musolino GM. Assessing reflective thinking and approaches to learning. Journal of Allied Health. 40(3) : 128-36, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21927778
- Sullivan KJ, Wallace JG, O'Neil ME, Musolino GM, Mandich M, Studer MT, Bottomley JM, Cormack JC, Nicholson SK, Jensen GM. A vision for society: physical therapy as partners in the national health agenda. Physical Therapy Journal. 91(11) : 1664-72, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21949433
- Musolino, GM, Torres Burkhalter, S, Crookston, B., Ward, RS, Harris, RM, Chase-Cantarini, S, & Babitz, M. Understanding and eliminating disparities in health care: development and assessment of cultural competence for interdisciplinary health professionals at The University of Utah --a 3-year investigation. Journal of Physical Therapy Education. 23(3) : 25-36, 2010.
- Musolino GM, Babitz M, Burkhalter ST, Thompson C, Harris R, Ward RS, Chase-Cantarini S. Mutual respect in healthcare: assessing cultural competence for the University of Utah Interdisciplinary Health Sciences. Journal of Allied Health. 38(2) : e54-62, 2009. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19753414
- Musolino GM. Fostering reflective practice: self-assessment abilities of physical therapy students and entry-level graduates. Journal of Allied Health. 35(1) : 30-42, 2006. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16615294
- Foreman, KB; Morton, DA; Musolino, GM. Technology needs assessment of medical, dental, physical therapy and occupational therapy students Federation American Societies of Experimental Biology (FASEB). 20(2) : A419, 2006.
- Musolino, GM & Mostrom, E. Reflection and the Scholarship of teaching, learning and assessment. Journal of Physical Therapy Education. 19(3) : 52-66, 2005.
- Foreman KB, Morton DA, Musolino GM, Albertine KH. Design and utility of a web-based computer-assisted instructional tool for neuroanatomy self-study and review for physical and occupational therapy graduate students. Anatomical Record. Part B, New anatomist. 285(1) : 26-31, 2005. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16032754
- Musolino, GM & Feehan, P. Enhancing diversity through mentorship: The nurturing potential of service learning. Journal of Physical Therapy Education. 18(1) : 29-42, 2004.
- Coordinator of Clinical Educaiton (School of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences Morsani College of Medicine, University of South Florida 2009 - 2016)
- Associate Professor (School of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences Morsani College of Medicine, University of South Florida 2009 - 2016)
- Consulting Program Director & Associate Professor (Physical Therapy College of Health Science, Midwestern University 2008 - 2008)
- Associate Professor (College of Health, Department of Physical Therapy, The University of Utah 2005 - 2008)
- Director of Clinical Education (DCE) (College of Health Dept of Physical Therapy, The University of Utah 2001 - 2008)
- Assistant Professor (College of Health, Division of Physical Therapy, The University of Utah 2001 - 2005)
- Assistant Professor (College of Health Professions, Florida Gulf Coast University 1998 - 2001)
- Assistant Professor & Team DCE (Health Professions Division, Physical Therapy Department, Nova Southeastern University 1995 - 1998)
- Clinical Administrator & CCCE (Metro Orlando Region VI/Rehability Corporation, Rehability & Rehability Sports Medicine Centers 1993 - 1995)
- Adjunct Assistant Professor & PT (College of Health & Public Affairs, UCF & Orlando Regional Healthcare System 1992 - 1993)
- Industrial & Sports Rehabilitaiton Coordinator/CCE (Physical Therapy, Blessing Hospital 1990 - 1992)
- Physical Therapist Industrial Rehab Coord./CCCE (Physical Therapy, St. Mary's Hospital 1987 - 1989)
- Lucy Blair National Service Award for Exceptional Value to the Association (American Physical Therapy Association - 2012)
- Outstanding Abstract Representing APTA Vision 2020:Physical Therapy Test & Measures for Parkinson's (APTA Annual Conference Program PT 2008 - 2008)
- Alumni Award (Washington University School of Medicine Program in Physical Therapy - 2007)
- Feitelberg Journal Founder's Award (APTA Journal of Physical Therapy Education - 2005)
- Award of Merit in Technology Delivered Instruction (The Utah System of Higher Education, Utah Electronic College Consortium, The University of Utah - 2004)
- Research Excellence Award Major Applied Research Project - Dissertation (Nova Southeastern University Fishler Center for Higher Educaiton - 1999)
- Beatrice Schulz Award for Outstanding Clinical Achievement (Washington University School of Medicine Program in Physical Therapy - 1987)