John Mayer, DC, PhD: Lincoln Endowed Chair
Professor, PHYSICAL THERAPY & REHABILITATION SCIENCES
Endowed Chair, PHYSICAL THERAPY & REHABILITATION SCIENCES
Coordinator of Research, School of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences, Morsani College of Medicine
Adjunct Associate Professor, (volunteer)
12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd
Tampa, FL 33647
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone: (813) 974-3818
View My C.V.
- CCRP, Certified Clinical Research Professional, Society of Clinical Research Associates, 2003
- PHD, Exercise Science/Science Education, Syracuse University, 2000
- MS, Exercise Science, Syracuse University, 1998
- DC, National College Of Chiropractic*, 1991
- BS, Human Biology, National University of Health Sciences, 1989
- BS, Biology, SUNY, 1987
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Non-operative management of spinal pain disorders.
- Restorative exercise for prevention and treatment of spinal pain disorders.
- Development of clinical outcome instruments related to physical functioning.
- Clinical trials.
- Best evidence synthesis.
- Mayer JM, Nuzzo JL, Dagenais S. Use of participant focus groups to identify barriers and facilitators to worksite exercise therapy adherence in randomized controlled trials involving firefighters. Patient preference and adherence. 7: 207-15, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23515182
- Nuzzo JL, Mayer JM. Body mass normalisation for ultrasound measurements of lumbar multifidus and abdominal muscle size. Manual therapy. 18(3) : 237-42, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23149061
- Martuscello JM, Nuzzo JL, Ashley CD, Campbell BI, Orriola JJ, Mayer JM. Systematic review of core muscle activity during physical fitness exercises. Journal of strength and conditioning research / National Strength & Conditioning Association. 27(6) : 1684-98, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23542879
- Verna JL, Matheson LN, Gables S, Hause R, Mayer JM. Development and reliability testing of Spanish language and english language versions of the multidimensional task ability profile. Journal of occupational rehabilitation. 23(2) : 220-7, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23065195
- Mayer JM, Nuzzo JL, Chen R, Quillen WS, Verna JL, Miro R, Dagenais S. The impact of obesity on back and core muscular endurance in firefighters. Journal of obesity. 2012: 729283, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23213491
- Director of Research ((previously known as US Spine & Sport Foundation), Vert Mooney Research Foundation 2001 - 2012)
- Adjunct Research Associate/Professor (Department of Biology, College of Sciences, San Diego State University 2001 - 2007)
- Chiropractic Clinician (Various multidisciplinary, outpatient, physical rehabilitation centers, Sole proprietor 1991 - 2007)
- Chiropractic Clinician (Various multidisciplinary, outpatient, physical rehabilitation centers, Spine & Sport 1991 - 2007)
- Adjunct Instructor (College of Extended Studies, San Diego State University 2002 - 2006)
- Adjunct Instructor (Department of Exercise Science, School of Education, Syracuse University 1998 - 1999)
- Research/Teaching Assistant (Department of Exercise Science, School of Education, Syracuse University 1997 - 1999)
- Teaching Associate (Future Professoriate Program, Graduate School, Syracuse University 1998 - 1999)
- Physical Therapy Aide (-, Good Samaritan Hospital 1989 - 1990)
- Researcher of the Year (American Chiropractic Association - 2014)
- Safety Award (Tampa Fire Rescue - 2012)
- The Doctoral Prize (Syracuse University - 2001)