William Quillen, PT, DPT, PhD, FACSM
Director, PHYSICAL THERAPY & REHABILITATION SCIENCES
Assoc Dean, Dir & Professor, PHYSICAL THERAPY & REHABILITATION SCIENCES
12901 North Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33612
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone: (813) 974-9863
View My C.V.
- DPT, Physical Therapy, University Of Montana, 2011
- PHD, Sports Medicine, University Of Virginia, 1989
- MPA, Health Services Management, Golden Gate University, 1986
- BS, Physical Therapy, University of Central Arkansas, 1977
- MEd, Developmental & Adapted Physical Educati, University of Missouri, 1974
- BS, Health & Physical Education, Springfield (MA) College, 1973
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Low Back Injury Risk Reduction
- Musculoskeletal Injury Prevention
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Sports Physical Therapy Section, Education Section (-, 2014 - Present)
- Florida Chapter, American Physical Therapy Association (-, 2014 - Present)
- National Athletic Trainer’s Association (-, 2014 - Present)
- American College of Sports Medicine (-, 2014 - Present)
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (-, 2014 - Present)
- Highsmith MJ, Kahle JT, Lura DJ, Lewandowski AL, Quillen WS, Kim HS. Stair Ascent and Ramp Gait Training with the Genium Knee Technol Innov. 15: 349-358, 2014.
- Highsmith MJ, Kahle JT, Lura DJ, Dubey RV, Carey SL, Quillen WS and Mengelkoch LJ. Short and Mid-Distance Walking and Posturography with a Novel Microprocessor Knee Technol Innov. 15: 359-368, 2014.
- Highsmith MJ, Kahle JT, Miro RM, Lura DJ, Dubey RV, Carey SL, Quillen WS, Mengelkoch LJ. Perceived Differences Between the Genium and the C-Leg Microprocessor Prosthetic Knees in Prosthetic-Related Function and Quality of Life Technol Innov. 15: 369-375, 2014.
- Mayer JM, Quillen WS, Verna JL, Chen R, Lunseth P, Dagenais S. Impact of a Supervised Worksite Exercise Program on Back and Core Muscular Endurance in Firefighters. American journal of health promotion : AJHP. , 2014. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24524384
- Mayer JM, Nuzzo JL, Chen R, Quillen WS, Verna JL, Miro R, Dagenais S. The impact of obesity on back and core muscular endurance in firefighters. Journal of obesity. 2012: 729283, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23213491
- Magee D, Zachazewski J and Quillen W. Sports Injuries Return to Sport and Related Topics. , 2010.
- Magee D, Zachazewski J and Quillen W. Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Treatment of Pathology and Injuries. , 2008.
- Tyagi, A (4th Year Med Student) and Quillen WS. Youth and Steroids – A Deadly Combination ABC News Web On-Line. , 2007.
- Magee D, Zachazewski J and Quillen W. Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Scientific Foundations and Principles of Practice. , 2007.
- 2005- Professor, Associate Dean, Director (School of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences, USF Health Morsani College of Medicine 2005 - 2014)
- Rehabilitation Consultant (Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, IUPUI 2003 - 2004)
- Associate Professor and Chairman (Department of Physical Therapy School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Indiana University 1998 - 2004)
- Physical Therapist (Center for Sports Medicine at NIFS, Indiana University 2000 - 2003)
- Physical Therapist II (Sports Medicine Clinic, Department of Pediatric Orthopaedics, Children’s Hospital Medical Center 1996 - 1998)
- Associate Professor and Chair (Department of Physical Therapy, College of Mount St. Joseph 1995 - 1998)
- Assistant Professor (School of Physical Therapy, School of Physical Therapy 1994 - 1995)
- Physical Therapist (Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, Texas Southern University 1994 - 1995)
- Physical Therapist (Adolescent and Sports Medicine Service, Texas Children’s Hospital 1994 - 1995)
- Commissioned Officer (Medical Service Corps, United States Navy 1975 - 1994)
- Assistant Professor (US Army- Baylor University Graduate Program in Physical Therapy, Academy of Health Sciences 1991 - 1994)
- Assistant Director (OT-PT Department, Naval Hospital 1989 - 1991)
- Division Head, Physical Therapy (Physical Therapy, Hospital Ship USNS Comfort (T-AH 20) 1989 - 1991)
- Naval Military Personnel Command (Health & Physical Readiness Division, United States Navy 1984 - 1986)
- Head, Physical Therapy Dept/Assistant Director (Medical Service Corps, US Naval Academy 1979 - 1984)
- Senior Staff Physical Therapist (Medical Service Corps, United States Navy 1977 - 1979)
- Instructor (Department of Physical Education, St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Colleg 1974 - 1975)
- Director (Physical Education for the Handicapped, St. Andrew’s Presbyterian College 1974 - 1975)
- Graduate Teaching Assistant (Teacher Training Programs for the Handicapped, University of Missouri 1973 - 1974)
- Finalist (Health Care Heroes, Tampa Business Journal - 2006)
- Recipient (Prestigious External Award Recognition (PEAR) Recipient IUPUI Chancellor’s Academic Honors Convocat - 2003)
- Fellow (American College of Sports Medicine - 2002)
- International Faculty Travel Grant (University Office of International Programs, Faculty Exchange with the University of the Witwatersra - 2002)
- Gertrude Lamb Distinguished Alumni Award (Springfield College, Springfield, MA - 1989)
- Mary McMillan Scholar (American Physical Therapy Association - 1988)
- Joe Finnell Distinguished Alumni Award (University of Central Arkansas, Little Rock, AR - 1982)
- Presidential Scholar (University of Central Arkansas, Little Rock, AR - 1975)
- Graduate Fellow (University of Missouri, Columbia, MO - 1974)
- Magna Cum Laude Graduate (Springfield College, Springfield, MA - 1973)