Services and Programs
The Office of Shared Student Services coordinates a wide array of programming to support student wellness, engagement, leadership, and learning. Mark your calendars for the below events!
Please note, exact dates for annual events may vary, so keep an eye out for email announcements as events are approaching, or stop by the front desk of the WELL for more information.
Group Fitness Classes
- The WELL offers a variety of group fitness classes throughout the year. For upcoming classes, check out our event calendar.
USF Success and Wellness Coaching
- Success and Wellness Coaching is a free resource that allows you to explore and gain awareness of your ability to live the life you want to live. Success and Wellness Coaching takes a present-focused, positive, and strengths-based approach to mental health promotion and holistic wellness. During your coaching session, our Certified Health Coach will educate, mentor and support you as you realize your goals through positive lifestyle and behavior changes.
- Sign up to meet with a Wellness Coach to learn how to take a more proactive role in staying healthy and achieving your goals! For more information about Success and Wellness Coaching at USF, click here.
Mindfulness Meditation Workshops
Move in May
- Need an incentive to get moving? How about a little competition? Hit up the WELL Fitness Center for a chance to win some USF Health swag. The more visits, the better the prize; to the victor go the spoils!
"Let's Talk" Drop-In Counseling Sessions – Wednesdays, 11:00am-1:00pm, MDA 1004
- Unlike scheduled counseling appointments, Let's Talk is a drop-in service at the WELL that offers informal, confidential consultation with a USF Counselor in 15 minute sessions. No paperwork involved! Just grab a time slot card from the MDA 1004 door on Wednesdays and show up at the scheduled time. All services are free and confidential.
Week of Welcome – August
- Start the new school year off right with an event every day of the week ranging from a Back to School Breakfast, USF Health Information Station, and Build-Your-Own Survival Kit--everything from lip balm to highlighters, we've got you covered!
USF Health Homecoming – October
- Show your school spirit and join us in celebrating everything that makes USF Health "Home." Keep an eye out for each day's signature event, featuring the annual WELL Walk, "most spirited" pet contest, good food, service opportunities, and of course, a little healthy competition between the Colleges!
USF Health Multicultural Week – February
- This week of programs, activities and events is designed to engage, educate, and celebrate the many cultures represented at Heath. Embrace this opportunity to get to know your peers and colleagues better by learning about and celebrating our diversity!
USF Health Service Corps
- The USF Health Service Corps is an interdisciplinary program that enables USF Health students in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health, Physical Therapy and Pharmacy to participate in health-related community service activities together. For more information about the USF Health Service Corp, visit their website.
Executive Student Leadership Board (ESLB)
- The ESLB is a select group of USF Health students that serve as official executive representatives for all of USF Health. Students in the ESLB program provide feedback about USF Health services, assist with the recruitment of prospective USF Health students, and receive enhanced leadership and professional development training. To learn more about the Executive Student Leadership Board, visit the ESLB page.
- Want to get involved in student activities? USF Health has over 60+ student organizations that you can join! Click here to find out more.
USF Health Commencement
- Did you know USF Health has its own Commencement? Shared Student Services sponsors the annual "Idol" contest to select the student singers, manages the volunteer program and assists with coordinating the student speaker and featured student stories--all to ensure your big day is absolutely seamless.
- Want to improve your writing skills? The WELL offers free writing workshops for graduate and professional students. Can't make it to campus for a workshop? All workshops will now be available online at bit.ly/wellwritingonline until April 20. Please allow up to 24 hours after each workshop for the recording to post.
Lunch and Learns
- Lunch and Learn – Find out more about important health and wellness topics during our Lunch and Learn presentations. Lunch is always provided! For the next Lunch and Learn, check out our event calendar.
Coffee and Causes – First Thursday of Every Month, 8:30am
- Swing by the WELL front lobby for a fresh cup of Starbucks brew and learn about a cause that affects our USF Health community.