- Assist principal investigator and University’s Division of Sponsored Research (DSR) with negotiation of project scope and deliverables, budget, invoicing, and reporting requirements, as needed.
- Review award document including terms and conditions and reporting requirements.
- Prepare Grant Budget Release and Subaccount Establishment Forms to request project chartfields and allocate funds to appropriate budget categories.
- Assist principal investigator with initial and subsequent adjustments to payroll distribution.
- Assist principal investigator with budget transfers.
- Assist principal investigators with development and/or modification of subrecipient agreements.
Assist with obtaining prior approvals such as:
- Change of grantee institution
- Change of principal investigator
- Budget revisions
- Addition of subrecipient(s)
- Extensions (Cost and No Cost)
- Carryover requests
Financial Management Services
- Set up and maintain new project files.
- Perform or assist with financial administration on every award.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation reports for each project.
- Assist with interim financial report and invoice reconciliation.
- Review/monitor vendor and subrecipient invoices.
- Review travel authorization and expense reports.
- Review purchase requisition requests and p-card charges.
- Assist with preparation of payment request forms and budget transfers.
- Monitor interdepartmental charges.
- Assist Principal Investigators and department staff with grant issues.
- Track program generated income and cost share.
- Perform financial compliance services on project expenditures.
- Assist with final financial report or invoice to sponsor.
- Perform project financial closeout.
- Assist with “after project end date” activities including audits.
- Reference Resources.