Voted the #1 city in the Southeast by Money Magazine in 2015, Tampa continues to be a thriving metropolis with numerous amenities. There are many reasons why Tampa is a fantastic place to live for medical residents:
- No state income tax, with an overall lower cost of living – your resident salary goes much further here in Florida.
- Booming housing market - Tampa is the 2nd best city in the nation for first-time homebuyers (https://www.tampabay.com/news/business/realestate/Tampa-ranks-second-best-in-nation-for-first-time-homebuyers_170051113)
- Close proximity to world-renowned beaches, such as Clearwater Beach, which is the #1 ranked beach in the U.S. according to TripAdvisor (https://www.tampabay.com/features/travel/attractions/Clearwater-Beach-named-No-1-in-U-S-by-TripAdvisor_165694959)
- Tampa is one of the nation’s fastest growing cities in the nation, with $3 billion being invested into the Water Street project to transform downtown Tampa (https://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2017/02/10/americas-fastest-growing-cities-2017/#679d74bbc312)
- Conveniently located near some of the world’s best theme parks, including Walt Disney World and Universal Studios Orlando.
- Three professional sports teams in the area (NFL, NHL, and MLB).
- Excellent weather for most of the year. Yes, the summers are hot and humid with the threat of hurricanes, but for the remaining 8 months of the year, the weather is sunny, mild, and pleasant.
Tampa Bay Area Housing Options: https://health.usf.edu/medicine/gme/incoming/tampa-bay-area