Wednesday didactic sessions are structured on a two-year rotating schedule that enhances residents skills and knowledge of the ACGME
- Weekly/longitudinal biostatistics and epidemiology seminar course
- Monthly Occupational and Preventive Medicine board review sessions using a large multiple-choice question bank. Materials including recommendations from the American Board of Preventive Medicine and the American College of Preventive Medicine are used.
- Journal clubs
- Patient Case Studies and Occupational Medicine Case Management
- Faculty lectures including topics such as: Ergonomics, Dermatology, how to run a successful clinic, Impairment Evaluations, Fitness for Duty and return to work, ACOEM practice guidelines, Evaluation of Workplace Exposures and Injuries, Decision making skills in an Occupational Medicine clinic, Total Worker Health and Wellness.
- Guest lectures including topics such as: Worker’s Compensation Law, Disaster Preparedness, Industrial Hygiene, Exposure Risk Assessment, Health effects of Mold exposure, Physician contracts, slit lamp and eye emergencies, USPSTF, Infectious and chronic disease, dermatology, overview of a stroke, Health administration, sleep deprivation, OSHA recordables, and more.
- Hands-on musculoskeletal and ocular ultrasound sessions integrated with physical exam techniques, anatomy lectures, and correlation with other imaging modalities such as MRI and xray
- Hands-on ultrasound guided procedure workshops – joint injections/aspirations, tendon fenestration/micro tenotomy, tendon sheath injections, nerve blocks, trigger points, hydrodissection
- Suturing workshops
- Innovative clinical skills - Manual manipulation, strain/counter-strain, select rehab techniques and protocols, kinesio taping, prosthetics and orthotics
- Musculoskeletal Patient Simulation
In addition residents receive additional training in the DOT Medical Examiner, Medical Review Officer (MRO), Spirometry, ACOEM Board Review course, ACPM Board Review practice, Disaster Life Support, Advanced Disaster Life Support, Hearing conservation, chemical spills and emergency triage.