Before starting the application process, we recommend that you complete the following checklist:
- Obtain student copies of your college transcripts to assist you in completing the coursework section for the application.
- Obtain 3 Letters of Reference: two references must be from a prior faculty member, academic advisor, or other professional who has supervised the applicant’s academic studies; the other reference may be from an employer or other professional who can provide a knowledgeable testament regarding character, ethics, responsibility, potential for success, and other attributes which predict an applicant’s favorable performance in an internship.
- Prepare a resume/portfolio
- Be prepared to fill out all sections of the application including thoughtful answers to all questions on the personal/career statement.
- Set the following sites as “trusted” sites so all communication will be received: email@example.com, @sendgrid.dicas
- Create an application account: The DICAS system simplifies the process of applying to Dietetic Internship programs. Complete one application and send it along with other information to our centralized service. DICAS will verify your application for accuracy, calculate your GPA and send your materials to the Dietetic Internship admissions at USF. All application materials become the property of the Dietetic Internship at USF and will not be returned.
- Request official transcripts from each institution attended by using the transcript request form in DICAS.
- Complete the form, submit it to the registrar's office of each institution attended and instruct them to enclose the form with your official sealed transcript. Transcripts must be sent to the DICAS Transcript Department.
P.O. Box 9118
Watertown, MA 02471
DICAS accepts official transcripts sent directly from the registrar's office only. Please send transcripts as early as possible and no less than four to six weeks before the application deadline due to the time needed by DICAS to verify your application. Pay the initial service fee of $45 when submitting the DICAS application. $20 for each additional institution.