Advocation-Change It Up-is the podcast series of the Activist Lab. These podcasts will cover important public health topics and how we all can advocate for change.
Environmental Health, Climate Change,
and Advocacy Podcast Series
- January 25, 2021: Episode 1: Environmental Health and Climate Change: The Role for Air Quality, Pollution, Energy Use, and More!- Host-Dr. Karen Liller,
Co-host-Rolando Trejos, Guest: Dr. Amy Stuart
February 9, 2021: Episode 2: Environmental Health and Climate Change: The Role for Water, Water Treatment, Energy, Structural Racism, and More! -Host-Dr. Karen Liller, Co-host-Rashmi Mathur, Guests: Drs.
Cunningham and Trotz
March 9, 2021: Episode 3: Environmental Health and Climate Change: The Role of the Environmental Protection Commission of Hillsborough County (EPC) in Environmental Health and Safety for Our Communities, Outreach Efforts, and More!- Host-Dr. Karen Liller,
Co-host-Karen Ruiz-Ayala, Guests: Michelle Jenkins and Kim Tapley,
- Racism, Health and Life Podcast Series
- August 11, 2020: Episode 1: How Structural Racism Affects Maternal and Child Health Outcomes-Host-Dr. Karen Liller, Co-host-Carla Salazar, Guests: Drs. William Sappenfield and Russell Kirby
- September 9, 2020: Episode 2: Structural Racism and its Effects on Adverse Childhood Experiences, Violence, and other Public Health Issues-Host, Dr. Karen Liller, Co-hosts-Rolando Trejos and Natalie Krawczyk, Guest: Dr. Abraham Salinas
- September 22, 2020: Episode 3: Structural Racism and
the Law-Host-Dr. Karen Liller, Co-host-Melissa Yu, Guest: Dr. Judith
- October 19, 2020: Episode 4: Structural Racism and the Social Construction of Race -Host-Dr. Karen Liller, Co-host-Caitlynn Carr,
Guest: Dr. Antoinette Jackson
- November 17, 2020: Episode 5: Structural Racism and the Media -Host-Dr. Karen Liller, Co-host-Nicholas Cropper, Guest: Dr. Rachel Dubrofsky
- July 8, 2020: The Importance of Mental Health and Strategies for Success in Gay Men and Transgender Women and Other Populations -
Host-Dr. Karen Liller, Co-host-Rolando Trejos Saucedo,
Guest- Dr. Jerome Galea
- July 8, 2020: The Guardian ad Litem Program and the Activist Lab’s MOULA Program-a Winning Combination for Children - Host-Dr.
Karen Liller, Co-host- Kayla Wilson, Guest- Michelle Blume
- November 26, 2019: Immigration Advocacy in Today’s World -Host - Dr. Karen Liller, Co-host Andrew Lim, Guest-Norma Henning, JD
- October 11, 2019: Immunizations - Host - Dr. Karen Liller, Co-host-Katherine
Lesser, Guest-Dr. Jill Roberts
Please send us your feedback about the podcasts at COPHActivistlab@usf.edu and make the subject line "Podcasts Feedback".