In collaboration with USF Health Leadership, USF Compliance & Ethics and USF Office of the General Counsel, the USF Health Professional Integrity Office (“PIO”) is a resource to the USF Health community focusing on Billing Integrity and HIPAA Privacy compliance related to patient care activities.
USF Health community members have a duty to report any possible violations of law, policies and/or the Code of Conduct.
Overview & Structure
The PIO utilizes the seven fundamental elements of an effective compliance program as the backbone of our program:
- Implementing written policies, procedures and standards of conduct
- Establishing compliance oversight
- Developing effective lines of communication and screening
- Conducting effective training and education
- Conducting internal monitoring and auditing
- Enforcing standards through well-publicized disciplinary guidelines
- Responding promptly to detected offenses and undertaking corrective actions.