Manas R. Biswal, M.F.Sc., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Graduate Programs, College of Pharmacy
Assistant Professor, College of Medicine Internal Medicine
Assistant Professor, Non USF Health
Assistant Professor, College of Medicine Ophthalmology
Assistant Professor, TCOP Dept of Pharmaceutical Science
12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd, MDC 30
Tampa FL 33612
Academic Phone:(813) 974-8333
View My C.V.
- PhD, Integrative Biology, Florida Atlantic University, 2012
- M.F.Sc., Nutrition & Biochemistry, Central Institute of Fisheries Education (CIFE), Mumbai, India, 2004
- B.F.Sc., Fisheries Science, Odisha Univ. of Agriculture & Technology (OUAT), Bhubaneswar, India, 2002
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Disease
- Biomedical Engineering & Nanomedicine
- Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Neurodegenerative Disease
- Our lab is focused on age-associated degenerative diseases. We are using cellular, molecular histological, biochemical and functional tools to study the mechanism of cellular degeneration and regeneration in mammals. We are developing and testing drug/gene/nutrient/nanomedicine based novel therapeutic approaches to prevent cellular degeneration and promote cellular regeneration. More information can be found at https://biswallab.weebly.com/.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate (Molecular Genetics & Microbiology, College of Medicine, University of Florida 2012 - 2018)
- Research Assistant Professor (Molecular Genetics & Microbiology, College of Medicine, University of Florida 2018 - 2018)