Faculty & Staff Directory
Carmen S. Rodriguez, PhD, ANP-BC, AOCN
Associate Professor, College of Nursing
"NOTE: Accepting PhD Students"
- PhD, Nursing Science, University of South Florida, 2003
- Symptom management: oncology and critically ill patients
- Development of technology-enhanced interventions to facilitate the communication process between suddenly speechless patients, healthcare staff and caregivers.
- Healthcare disparities
- Mentor in Teaching Award (USF College of Nursing - 2016)
- National Association of Hispanic Nurses (Member, 2019 - Present)
- Society of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Nurses (Member, 2004 - Present)
- Sigma Theta Tau-International (Member, 2003 - Present)
- Oncology Nursing Society (national & local) (Member, 1989 - Present)
- Florida Nurses Association (Member, 1984 - Present)
- American Nurses Association (Member, 1984 - Present)
- Rodriguez, C.S., Spring, H.J. & Rowe M. Nurses’ Experiences with Communicating with Hospitalized
Suddenly Speechless Patients. Qualitative Health Research. : accepted for publication, 2014.
- Nightingale, C.L., Rodriguez, C. & Carnaby, G. The Impact of Music Interventions on Anxiety for
Adult Cancer Patients: A Meta-Analysis and Systematic Review Integr Cancer Ther. 12: 393-403, 2013.
- New Communication Technology for Suddenly Speechless Hospitalized Patients. (Order Total: 1024000, 8/10/2011 12:00:00 AM - 7/1/2014 12:00:00 AM)
- NEW COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY FOR SUDDENLY SPEECHLESS HOSPITALIZED PATIENTS (SUBCONTRACT WITH CHAMELEON ADAPTIVEWARE) (Order Total: 210357, 8/1/2012 12:00:00 AM - 7/31/2013 12:00:00 AM)
- NEW COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY FOR SUDDENLY SPEECHLESS HOSPITALIZED PATIENTS (SUBCONTRACT WITH CHAMELEON ADAPTIVEWARE) (Order Total: 33214, 8/1/2012 12:00:00 AM - 7/31/2013 12:00:00 AM)
- Technology to Assist Speechless Patients Communication with Hospital Staff (Order Total: 100198, 9/26/2008 12:00:00 AM - 8/31/2009 12:00:00 AM)