Omar Rahman, PhD
Associate Professor, College of Medicine Pediatrics
Assistant Professor, College of Medicine Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences
880 6th Street South
St Petersburg FL 33701
Academic Email: email@example.com
Academic Phone:(727) 767-8230
- PHD, PSYCHOLOGY, Purdue University, 2008
- MA, Ball State University, 2001
- BA, English, University of Florida, 1993
- International Psychological Applications Conference and Trends (Member, Scientific Committee, 2015 - Present)
- Association of Psychological Science (Member, 2011 - Present)
- Trichotillomania Learning Center (Professional Member, 2010 - Present)
- Rahman O, McGuire J, Storch EA, Lewin AB. Preliminary Randomized Controlled Trial of Habit Reversal Training for Treatment of Hair Pulling in Youth. Journal of child and adolescent psychopharmacology. 27(2) : 132-139, 2017. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28005403
- Murphy TK, Fernandez TV, Coffey BJ, Rahman O, Gavaletz A, Hanks CE, Tillberg CS, Gomez LI, Sukhodolsky DG, Katsovich L, Scahill L. Extended-Release Guanfacine Does Not Show a Large Effect on Tic Severity in Children with Chronic Tic Disorders. Journal of child and adolescent psychopharmacology. 27(9) : 762-770, 2017. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28723227
- McGuire JF, Ung D, Selles RR, Rahman O, Lewin AB, Murphy TK, Storch EA. Treating trichotillomania: a meta-analysis of treatment effects and moderators for behavior therapy and serotonin reuptake inhibitors. Journal of psychiatric research. 58: 76-83, 2014. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25108618
- Rahman O, Ale CM, Sulkowski ML, Storch, EA. Treatment of comorbid anxiety and disruptive behavior in youth. Handbook of Treating Variants and Complications in Anxiety Disorders.. , 2013.
- Storch EA, Bussing R, Small BJ, Geffken GR, McNamara JP, Rahman O, Lewin AB, Garvan CS, Goodman WK, Murphy TK. Randomized, placebo-controlled trial of cognitive-behavioral therapy alone or combined with sertraline in the treatment of pediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder. Behaviour research and therapy. 51(12) : 823-9, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24184429
- Park J, Rahman O, Storch, EA. Early childhood Trichotillomania: Initial Considerations on phenomenology, treatment, and future directions. Infant Mental Health Journal.. , 2012.
- Storch EA, Rahman O, Aldea MA, Murphy TK. Obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorders in children and adolescents. Obsessive-Compulsive Spectrum Disorders.. , 2011.
- Rahman O, Reid J, Parks A, McKay D, Storch EA. Obsessive-compulsive disorder. Handbook of child and adolescent anxiety disorders.. , 2011.
- Storch EA Rahman O Park JM Reid J, Murphy TK Lewin AB. Compulsive hoarding in children. Journal of clinical psychology. 67(5) : 507-16, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21381027
- Storch EA, Rahman O, Morgan J, Brauer L, Miller J, Murphy TK. Case series of behavioral psychotherapy for obsessive-compulsive symptoms in youth with Prader-Willi Syndrome. Journal of Physical and Developmental Disabilities.. 23: 359-368, 2011.
- Lehmkuhl HD, Storch EA, Cammarata C, Meyer K, Rahman O, Silverstein J, Malasanos T, Geffken G. Telehealth behavior therapy for the management of type 1 diabetes in adolescents. Journal of diabetes science and technology. 4(1) : 199-208, 2010. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20167185
- Lehmkuhl HD, Storch EA, Rahman O, Freeman J, Geffken G, Murphy T. Just say no: Sequential parent management and cognitive behavioral-therapy for a child with comorbid disruptive behaviors and obsessive-compulsive disorder. Clinical Case Studies. 8: 48-58, 2009.
- Aldea MA, Rahman O, Storch, EA. Reliability and validity of the Florida Obsessive Compulsive Inventory in a non-clinical sample. Individual Differences Research. 7: 228-238, 2009.
- Rahman O, Toufexis M, Murphy TK, Storch EA. Behavioral treatment of trichotillomania and trichophagia in a 29-month-old girl. Clinical pediatrics. 48(9) : 951-3, 2009. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19483132
- Rahman O, Rollock D. Acculturation, competence, and mental health among South Asian students in the United States Journal of Multicultural Counseling and Development. 32: 130-142, 2004.