Heather Agazzi, Ph.D., ABPP
Assistant Professor, Pediatrics, Medicine
Associate Professor, College of Medicine Pediatrics
13101 N. Bruce B. Downs Blvd
Tampa FL 33612
Academic Email: email@example.com
Academic Phone:(813) 974-0606
- M.S., Clinical & Translational Research, University of South Florida, 2011
- PHD, University of South Florida, 2007
- B.A., International Studies/Spanish, University of South Florida, 1997
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Women & Children's Health
- Evaluation and treatment for children with disruptive behavior disorders and autism spectrum disorders; Parent Child Interaction Therapy; interventions for early childhood trauma; assessment of autism spectrum disorder
- National Association of School Psychologists (Member, 2002 - Present)
- American Psychological Association (APA) (Member, 2009 - Present)
- Florida Association of Infant Mental Health (FAIMH) (Treasurer 2008-2010, 2009 - Present)
- Florida Psychology Association (Member, 2007 - 2012)
- American School Health Association (secretary board 2006-2007, 2004 - 2007)
- Florida Association of School Psychologists (Student Member, 2002 - 2007)
- Ogg J, Shaffer-Hudkins E, Childres J, Feldman M, Agazzi H, Armstrong K. Attendance and implementation of strategies in a behavioral parent-training program: comparisons between English and Español programs. Infant mental health journal. 35(6) : 555-64http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25798505
- Agazzi H, Adams C, Ferron E, Ferron J, Shaffer-Hudkins E, & Salloum A, (manuscript under review), . Trauma-Informed Behavioral Parenting for Early Intervention. Journal of Child and Family Studies. 28(8) : 2172-2186, 2019.
- Gray HL, Sinha S, Buro AW, Robinson C, Berkman K, Agazzi H, Shaffer-Hudkins E. Early History, Mealtime Environment, and Parental Views on Mealtime and Eating Behaviors among Children with ASD in Florida. Nutrients. 10(12) : 1867-1882, 2018. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30513809
- Tan S, Y, Steding L, Coates E, & Agazzi H. Parent-Child Interaction Therapy and ADHD: A Case Study with a Hearing Child of a Deaf Father and a Hearing Mother. Child & Family Behavior Therapy. 40(1) : 65-83, 2018.
- Dickinson S, & Agazzi H. A Father with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and a Son with Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Parent-Child Interaction Therapy Case Study. Military Behavioral Health. : 1-9, 2018.
- Monahan M, Jordan-Arthur B, & Agazzi H, . The Implementation of Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) for the Treatment of Tourette Syndrome (TS) and Disruptive Behavior. Clinical Case Studies. 17(1) : 38-54, 2017.
- Agazzi H, Tan S, Y, Ogg J, Armstrong K, & Kirby R. Does Parent-Child Interaction Therapy Reduce Maternal Stress, Anxiety and Depression among Mothers of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder? Child & Family Behavior Therapy. 39(4) : 283-303, 2017.
- Armstrong, K., Jeffries DeLoatche, K., Preece, K. & Agazzi, H. Combining Parent-Child Interaction Therapy and visual supports for the treatment of challenging behavior in a child with autism and intellectual disabilities and comorbid epilepsy. Clinical Case Studies. 13(2) : 115-127, 2014.
- Agazzi, H., Tan, R., & Tan, S. Y. A case study of Parent-Child Interaction Therapy for the treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinical Case Studies. 6(12) : 428-442, 2013.
- Hangauger, J., Shaffer-Hudkins, E., & Agazzi, H. The Primary service provider model in early intervention: Relationship focused intervention for children birth-three. Child Care in Practice. 19(4) : 421-435, 2013.
- Williams, J., Armstrong, K., Agazzi, H., & Bradley-Klug, K. Helping Our Toddlers, Developing Our Children’s Skills (HOT DOCS): A parenting intervention to prevent and address challenging behavior in young children. Journal of Early Childhood & Infant Psychology. (6) : 1-20, 2011.
- Childres, J., Agazzi, H. & Armstrong, K. Evaluating Outcomes of a Behavioral Parent Training Program for Caregivers of Young Children: Waitlist Control vs. Immediate Treatment. Journal of Early Childhood & Infant Psychology. (7) : 25-44, 2011.
- Agazzi H, Armstrong K, Bradley-Klug KL. BMI and physical activity among at-risk sixth- and ninth-grade students, Hillsborough County, Florida, 2005-2006. Preventing chronic disease. 7(3) : A48, 2010. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20394687
- Agazzi H, Salinas A, Williams J, Chiriboga D, Ortiz C, Armstrong K. Adaptation of a behavioral parent-training curriculum for Hispanic caregivers: HOT DOCS Español. Infant mental health journal. 31(2) : 182-200, 2010. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28543326
- Curtiss, H., Armstrong, K. & Lilly, C. Positive behavior support and pediatric feeding problems: A case study. Journal of Early Childhood and Infant Psychology. 4: 93-109, 2008.
- Graduate Assistant (Psychological and Social Foundations, Education, USF 2002 - 2007)
- Assistant Coach (Athletics, University of South Florida 2001 - 2002)
- Child Parent Psychotherapy Training Grant (Sunshine Health - 2019)
- USF Kosove Society Outstanding Alumni Scholar Award (USF Kosove Society - 2008)
- Hispanic Heritage Community Award (Hispanic Heritage Community - 2007)