Erika Abel, MD
Program Director- Pediatrics Residency, Internal Medicine, Morsani College of Medicine
Assistant Director-Teams Center for Simulation, Morsani College of Medicine
Associate Professor, College of Medicine Internal Medicine
Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine, Morsani College of Medicine
5 Tampa General Circle
Tampa FL 33606
Academic Phone:(813) 844-3397
View My C.V.
- MD, University of South Florida, 2003
- American Academy of Pediatrics (., 2014 - Present)
- American Medical Association (., 2014 - Present)
- American College of Physicians (., 2014 - Present)
- Taylor SP, Ledford R, Palmer V, Abel E. We need to talk: an observational study of the impact of electronic medical record implementation on hospital communication. BMJ quality & safety. 23(7) : 584-8, 2014. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24505111
- Taylor S, Taylor B, Ledford R, & Abel E. Electronic Medical Record and Communication in the Hospital.
(Meeting Abstract) CHEST Journal. 144(4) : 577A-577A, 2013.
- Edwards C, Diveronica M, Abel E. Epidural abscess caused by Mycobacterium abscessus Am J Case Rep. 13: 180-182, 2012.
- Abel ES, Davids BJ, Robles LD, Loflin CE, Gillin FD, Chakrabarti R. Possible roles of protein kinase A in cell motility and excystation of the early diverging eukaryote Giardia lamblia J Biol Chem. 276(13) : 10320-9, 2001.
- Rajyaguru JM, Torres DS, Abel E, Richardson MC, Muszynski MJ. Application of X-ray micrography and imaging to study the effect of gentamicin on Pseudomonas aeruginosa J Antimicrob Chemother. 41(5) : 557-61, 1998.
- Associate Program Director- Pediatrics Residency (Internal Medicine, Morsani College of Medicine, University of South Florida 2007 - 2008)
- Chief Resident (Internal Medicine, Morsani College of Medicine, University of South Florida 2007 - 2007)
- Pediatric Chief Resident (Internal Medicine, Morsani College of Medicine, University of South Florida 2006 - 2007)
- Nathan Marcus Award for Academic Excellence (. - 2007)
- Pediatric Leadership and Advocacy Award (. - 2007)