Maria Gieron, MD
Professor, Pediatrics and Neurology
13101 Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
Tampa FL 33612
Academic Phone: (813) 974-2228
View My C.V.
- MD, Medical Academy of Warsaw, 1971
- Dr. Gieron's clinical and research interests are in childhood epilepsy and electrophysiology (EEG and EEG-video monitoring), as well as neuromuscular disorders and headaches.
- member (American Epilepsy Society, 2022 - Present)
- member (The Women Physician of Hillsborough County (WPHC), 2022 - Present)
- member (USF Health Sciences Center Neuroscience Program, 2022 - Present)
- member (The Florida Society of Neurology, 2018 - Present)
- member (Child Neurology Society, 1980 - Present)
- Grieco JC, Ciarlone SL, Gieron-Korthals M, Schoenberg MR, Smith AG, Philpot RM, Heussler HS, Banko JL, & Weeber EJ. An open-label pilot trial of minocycline in children as a treatment for Angelman syndrome. BMC Neurology. 14: 232, 2014.
- Dembinski K, Gieron-Korthals M, Martinez CR, & Rodriguez L. Neuromyelitis optica in child: diagnostic and therapeutic challenges. Case Reports in Pediatrics. 2013: 124929, 2013.
- Chang T & Gieron-Korthals M. Spinal muscular atrophy: an update. Fetal and Pediatric Pathology. 30(2) : 130-6, 2011.
- Gieron-Korthals M & Colón J. Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy in infants: new challenges. Fetal and Pediatric Pathology. 24(2) : 105-20, 2005.
- Jacinto S, J, Gieron-Korthals M, Ferreira J, A. Predicting outcome in hypoxic-ischemic brain injury. Pediatric Clinic of North America. 48(3) : 647-660, 2001.
- Ranked Best Pediatric Neurologist (U.S. News and World Report - 2018)
- One of the Best Doctors in America in Child Neurology (Pediatric Neurology - 1996)