Betty Horng, PhD
Associate Professor, College of Medicine Pediatrics
880 Sixth Street South
St Petersburg FL 33701
Academic Phone: (727) 767-8230
- Fellowship, Clinical Psychology, St. Louis Behavioral Medicine Institute, 2009
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, Suny at Binghamton, 2007
- MA, Clinical Psychology, State University of New York at Binghamton, 2004
- BA, Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 1998
- Member (Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA), 2013 - Present)
- Member (International Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Foundation (IOCDF), 2010 - Present)
- Member (American Psychological Association, 2007 - Present)
- Member (Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT), 2002 - Present)
- Wu MS, Pinto A, Horng B, Phares V, McGuire JF, Dedrick RF, Van Noppen B, Calvocoressi L, & Storch EA. Psychometric Properties of the Family Accommodation Scale for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder-Patient Version. Psychological Assessment. , 2015.
- Storch EA, Wu MS, Small BJ, Crawford EA, Lewin AB, Horng B, & Murphy TK. Mediators and moderators of functional impairment in adults with obsessive-compulsive disorder. Comprehensive Psychiatry. 55(3) : 489-96, 2014.
- Horng B & Coles ME. Do higher self-reports of social anxiety translate to greater occurrence of social anxiety
disorder in Asian Americans compared to Caucasian Americans? Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy. 28(4) : 287-302, 2014.
- Wu MS, Horng B, & Storch EA. A case report on obsessive-compulsive disorder and low-grade astrocytomas. Annals of Clinical Psychiatry: Official Journal of the American Academy of Clinical Psychiatrists. 25(4) : 309-10, 2013.
- McGuire JF, Kugler BB, Park JM, Horng B, Lewin AB, Murphy TK, & Storch EA. Evidence-Based Assessment of Compulsive Skin Picking, Chronic Tic Disorders and Trichotillomania in Children. Child Psychiatry and Human Development. 43(6) : 855-883, 2012.
- McGuire JF, Lewin AB, Horng B, Murphy TK, & Storch EA. The nature, assessment, and treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder. Postgraduate Medicine. 124(1) : 152-165, 2012.