Heather Agazzi, Ph.D., ABPP
Assoc Professor, College of Medicine Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences
Assistant Professor, Pediatrics, Medicine
Associate Professor, College of Medicine Pediatrics
13101 N. Bruce B. Downs Blvd
Tampa FL 33612
Academic Phone:(813) 974-0606
View My C.V.
- M.S., Clinical & Translational Research, University of South Florida, 2011
- PHD, University of South Florida, 2007
- B.A., International Studies/Spanish, University of South Florida, 1997
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Women & Children's Health
- Evaluation and treatment for children with disruptive behavior disorders and autism spectrum disorders; Parent Child Interaction Therapy; interventions for early childhood trauma; assessment of autism spectrum disorder
- National Association of School Psychologists (Member, 2002 - Present)
- American Psychological Association (APA) (Member, 2009 - Present)
- Florida Association of Infant Mental Health (FAIMH) (Treasurer 2008-2010, 2009 - Present)
- Florida Psychology Association (Member, 2007 - 2012)
- American School Health Association (secretary board 2006-2007, 2004 - 2007)
- Florida Association of School Psychologists (Student Member, 2002 - 2007)
- Ogg J, Shaffer-Hudkins E, Childres J, Feldman M, Agazzi H, Armstrong K. Attendance and implementation of strategies in a behavioral parent-training program: comparisons between English and Español programs. Infant mental health journal. 35(6) : 555-64http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25798505
- Agazzi H, Adams C, Ferron E, Ferron J, Shaffer-Hudkins E, & Salloum A, (manuscript under review), . Trauma-Informed Behavioral Parenting for Early Intervention. Journal of Child and Family Studies. 28(8) : 2172-2186, 2019.
- Gray HL, Sinha S, Buro AW, Robinson C, Berkman K, Agazzi H, Shaffer-Hudkins E. Early History, Mealtime Environment, and Parental Views on Mealtime and Eating Behaviors among Children with ASD in Florida. Nutrients. 10(12) : 1867-1882, 2018. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30513809
- Tan S, Y, Steding L, Coates E, & Agazzi H. Parent-Child Interaction Therapy and ADHD: A Case Study with a Hearing Child of a Deaf Father and a Hearing Mother. Child & Family Behavior Therapy. 40(1) : 65-83, 2018.
- Dickinson S, & Agazzi H. A Father with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and a Son with Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Parent-Child Interaction Therapy Case Study. Military Behavioral Health. : 1-9, 2018.
- Monahan M, Jordan-Arthur B, & Agazzi H, . The Implementation of Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) for the Treatment of Tourette Syndrome (TS) and Disruptive Behavior. Clinical Case Studies. 17(1) : 38-54, 2017.
- Agazzi H, Tan S, Y, Ogg J, Armstrong K, & Kirby R. Does Parent-Child Interaction Therapy Reduce Maternal Stress, Anxiety and Depression among Mothers of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder? Child & Family Behavior Therapy. 39(4) : 283-303, 2017.
- Armstrong, K., Jeffries DeLoatche, K., Preece, K. & Agazzi, H. Combining Parent-Child Interaction Therapy and visual supports for the treatment of challenging behavior in a child with autism and intellectual disabilities and comorbid epilepsy. Clinical Case Studies. 13(2) : 115-127, 2014.
- Agazzi, H., Tan, R., & Tan, S. Y. A case study of Parent-Child Interaction Therapy for the treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinical Case Studies. 6(12) : 428-442, 2013.
- Hangauger, J., Shaffer-Hudkins, E., & Agazzi, H. The Primary service provider model in early intervention: Relationship focused intervention for children birth-three. Child Care in Practice. 19(4) : 421-435, 2013.
- Williams, J., Armstrong, K., Agazzi, H., & Bradley-Klug, K. Helping Our Toddlers, Developing Our Children’s Skills (HOT DOCS): A parenting intervention to prevent and address challenging behavior in young children. Journal of Early Childhood & Infant Psychology. (6) : 1-20, 2011.
- Childres, J., Agazzi, H. & Armstrong, K. Evaluating Outcomes of a Behavioral Parent Training Program for Caregivers of Young Children: Waitlist Control vs. Immediate Treatment. Journal of Early Childhood & Infant Psychology. (7) : 25-44, 2011.
- Agazzi H, Armstrong K, Bradley-Klug KL. BMI and physical activity among at-risk sixth- and ninth-grade students, Hillsborough County, Florida, 2005-2006. Preventing chronic disease. 7(3) : A48, 2010. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20394687
- Agazzi H, Salinas A, Williams J, Chiriboga D, Ortiz C, Armstrong K. Adaptation of a behavioral parent-training curriculum for Hispanic caregivers: HOT DOCS Español. Infant mental health journal. 31(2) : 182-200, 2010. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28543326
- Curtiss, H., Armstrong, K. & Lilly, C. Positive behavior support and pediatric feeding problems: A case study. Journal of Early Childhood and Infant Psychology. 4: 93-109, 2008.
- Graduate Assistant (Psychological and Social Foundations, Education, USF 2002 - 2007)
- Assistant Coach (Athletics, University of South Florida 2001 - 2002)
- Child Parent Psychotherapy Training Grant (Sunshine Health - 2019)
- USF Kosove Society Outstanding Alumni Scholar Award (USF Kosove Society - 2008)
- Hispanic Heritage Community Award (Hispanic Heritage Community - 2007)