Larry Collins, MPAS, PA-C, ATC
Associate Program Director, Physician Assistant Program
Associate Professor, Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
12901 Bruce B Downs BLVD
Tampa FL 33612
Academic Phone:(813) 974-0634
View My C.V.
- MPAS, Physician Assistant, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 2013
- PA-C, Physician Associate, Yale University School of Medicine, 1990
- BA, Biology, University of South Florida, 1988
- American Academy of Physician Assistants in Legal Medicine (Fellow, 2003 - Present)
- Physician Assistants in Orthopaedic Surgery (Fellow, 2000 - Present)
- Florida Academy of Physician Assistants (Fellow, 1990 - Present)
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (Distinguished Fellow, 1990 - Present)
- National Athletic trainers Association (Certified-Regular, 1987 - Present)
- Cloutier D Hazzard S Dowell C Downie B Collins LH. Sports Medicine Roundtable: Management of a Chronic Retracted Rotator Cuff Tear in a Middle-Aged Woman with Intact Articular Cartilage JBJS Journal of Orthopaedics for Physician Assistants. 5(1) : 1-5, 2017.
- Kilpatrick MW Greeley SJ Collins L. The Impact of Continuous and Interval Cycle Exercise on Affect and Enjoyment Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport. 86(3) : 244-251, 2015.
- Schaal, C., Collins, L., Ashley, C. Cardiorespiratory Responses to Underwater Treadmill Running Versus Land-Based Treadmill Running. International Journal of Aquatic Research and Education.. 6(1) : 35-45, 2012.
- Ashley, C., Schaal, C., Collins, L. Comparison of Underwater and Land-based Treadmill Running. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. 42(5) : S494, 2010.
- Schaal, C., Ashley, C., Collins, L. Comparison of Maximal Oxygen Consumption During Underwater Treadmill Running and Land-based Treadmill Running. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise.. 42(5) : S360, 2010.
- Leffers D, Collins L. An Overview of the Use of Bone Scintigraphy in Sports Medicine. Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy Review.. 17(1) : 21-24, 2009.
- Collins LH. Performing preparticipation physical exams. Advance for Physician Assistants.. 7(9) : 33-38, 1999.
- Collins LH. Atraumatic knee pain in an adolescent tennis player. Surgical Physician Assistant.. 2(7) : 28-31, 1996.
- Collins LH. Alternatives to knee immobilization J American Academy of Physician Assistants.. 8(8) : 81-85, 1995.
- Collins LH. Shoulder pain in the overhand athlete J American Academy of Physician Assistants.. 7(6) : 415-423, 1994.
- Collins LH. Doping in sports: a critical overview. J American Academy of Physician Assistants.. 6(7) : 465-476, 1993.
- Instructor (Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA 2005 - 2011)
- Physician Assistant (Sports Medicine, Florida Orthopaedic Institute 1990 - 2005)
- Athletic Training Service Award (University of South Florida Athletic Training Program - 2014)
- Distinguished Fellow (American Academy of Physician Assistants - 2007)
- Sports Medicine Person of the Year (Athletic Trainers' Association of Florida - 2004)
- Upjohn Student Writing Award (Association of Physician Assistant Programs - 1991)
- Medical Writing Award (Yale University School of Medicine Physician Associate Program - 1990)