Applicants must demonstrate completion with a minimum grade of “C” of at least one course at the undergraduate or graduate levels in each of the following subject areas
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I and II (labs ARE required)
- BSC X085/L and BSC X086/L or
- BSC X093C and BSC X094C
- You may also take 1 semester of Human Anatomy and 1 semester of Human Physiology to satisfy A&P I and II
- General Chemistry I (lab preferred not required)
- CHM X045
- General Physics I (lab preferred not required)
- PHY X053
- General Biology I (lab preferred not required)
- BSC X010
- Medical Terminology
- CLT 3040 or HSC 4537
- Exercise Physiology
- APK 3120 (online course offered @ USF in the spring only)
- HUN X001
- General Psychology
- PSY X012
- STA X023
- Biomechanics/Kinesiology (recommended not required)
- Technical Writing (recommended not required)
Please note all course substitutions are evaluated and approved on a case by case basis. For more information regarding this please send an email to: ATprogram@health.usf.edu to request a course substitution evaluation.
Additional Admission Requirements
Applicants must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited academic institution (or foreign equivalent with satisfactory completion of the TOEFL).
Applicants must demonstrate an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (some exceptions are permissible).
Applicants must take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). No threshold score is required, although the applicant’s GRE score will be included as part of the entire application packet.
Applicants must be CPR (with AED for adult, infant, and child) and First Aid certified. You will need to upload a copy of your certification cards to ATCAS.
Students applying to the Athletic Training program are not required to complete observation hours with a Certified and/or Licensed Athletic Trainer, but it is recommended. Observation forms are available using the link below or may be obtained from the Athletic Training Program Advising office.
Please note that if observation hours are obtained in a Hillsborough County High School, students must complete the SERVE background check prior to starting the hours.
Click the link below to access the SERVE application for the background check:
Click the link below for observation hours instructions: