Charles Lockwood, MD
Vice President Health / Dean Co, USF Health Vp Office
Senior Vice President, USF Health
Dean, USF Health Morsani College of Medicine
Professor, Ob-Gyn, USF Health Morsani College of Medicine
Professor, Health Policy and Management, USF College of Public Health
Professor, COPH Phire
12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
Tampa FL 33612
Academic Email: email@example.com
Academic Phone:(813) 974-0533
- MS, Health Care Management, Harvard School of Public Health, 2009
- MD, Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 1981
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Women & Children's Health
- Pathogenesis of, and biomarkers for, preterm birth and preeclampsia; Regulation of decidual progesterone receptor expression; Regulation of endometrial hemostasis and angiogenesis; Decidual natural killer (NK) cell biology; and Health care finance and delivery models
- The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (Fellow, 2018 - Present)
- Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine (Member, 2018 - Present)
- American Institute for Ultrasound in Medicine (Fellow, 2018 - Present)
- American Gynecological and Obstetrical Society (President, 2017 - Present)
- Rachel G, Sinkey Jasmin Lacevic Tea Reljic Iztok Hozo Kelly S, Gibson Anthony O, Odibo Benjamin Djulbegovic Charles J, Lockwood. Elective induction of labor at 39 weeks among nulliparous women: The impact on maternal and neonatal risk PLOS ONE. , 2018.
- Casale TB, Teng MN, Morano JP, Unnasch T, Lockwood CJ. Zika virus: An emerging infectious disease with serious perinatal and neurologic complications. The Journal of allergy and clinical immunology. 141(2) : 482-490, 2018. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29273403
- Shapiro JP, Guzeloglu-Kayisli O, Kayisli UA, Semerci N, Huang SJ, Arlier S, Larsen K, Fadda P, Schatz F, Lockwood CJ. Thrombin impairs human endometrial endothelial angiogenesis; implications for progestin-only contraceptive-induced abnormal uterine bleeding. Contraception. 95(6) : 592-601, 2017. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28433626
- Arlier S, Murk W, Guzeloglu-Kayisli O, Semerci N, Larsen K, Tabak MS, Arici A, Schatz F, Lockwood CJ, Kayisli UA. The extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 triggers angiogenesis in human ectopic endometrial implants by inducing angioblast differentiation and proliferation. American journal of reproductive immunology (New York, N.Y. : 1989). 78(6) , 2017. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28921734
- Kumar D, Moore RM, Mercer BM, Mansour JM, Mesiano S, Schatz F, Lockwood CJ, Moore JJ. In an in-vitro model using human fetal membranes, 17-α hydroxyprogesterone caproate is not an optimal progestogen for inhibition of fetal membrane weakening. American journal of obstetrics and gynecology. 217(6) : 695.e1-695.e14, 2017. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29031893
- Hu Z, Cheng J, Xu J, Ruf W, Lockwood CJ. Tissue factor is an angiogenic-specific receptor for factor VII-targeted immunotherapy and photodynamic therapy. Angiogenesis. 20(1) : 85-96, 2017. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27807692
- Guzel E Arlier S Guzeloglu-Kayisli O Tabak MS Ekiz T Semerci N Larsen K Schatz F Lockwood CJ Kayisli UA. Endoplasmic reticulum stress and homeostasis in reproductive physiology and pathology. Int J Mol Sci. 18(4) , 2017.
- Schatz F Guzeloglu-Kayisli O Arlier S Kzayisli UA Lockwood CJ, . The role of decidual cells in uterine hemostasis, menstruation, inflammation, adverse pregnancy outcomes and abnormal uterine bleeding Hum Reprod Update. 22(4) : 497-515, 2016.
- Chedraui P Solis EJ Perez-Lopez FR Schatz F Kayisli U Escobar GS Loja-Chango R Hidalgo L Lockwood CJ, . Umbilical cord plasma interferon-induced protein 10 (IP-10) and interferon-induced T cell alpha chemoattractant (ITAC) levels are lower in women with severe preeclampsia J Perinat Med. 44(3) : 291-294, 2016.
- Mhatre MV Potter JA Lockwood CJ Krikun G Abrahams VM. Thrombin augments LPS-induced human endometrial endothelial cell inflammation via PAR1 activation. Am J Reprod Immunol. , 2016.
- Lifetime Achievement Award (Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine - 2017)
- Fellow (American Association for Advancement of Science - 2016)
- Beacon Award (NICHD Frontiers in Reproduction - 2015)
- President's Distinguished Scientist Award (Society for Reproductive Investigation - 2013)
- Member (National Academy of Medicine (Formerly National Institute of Medicine) - 2010)