James Palmer, MD, MS
Assistant Professor, College of Medicine Obstetrics & Gynecology
Vice Chair of Education, Obstetrics and Gynecology
2 Tampa General Circle
Tampa FL 33606
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone:(813) 259-8500
- MS, Medical Sciences, University of South Florida, 2010
- MD, University of Texas San Antonio, 2004
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Women & Children's Health
- Graduate Medical Education Research, Other interests include induction of labor and general obstetrics and gynecology.
- APGO/CREOG (member, 2013 - Present)
- ACOG (Fellow, 2011 - Present)
- Gonzalez AP Palmer J Downes K Young C. Attitudes and knowledge about breastfeeding among obstetrics and gynecology residents. Obstet Gynecol. 123(1) : 17S-8S, 2014.
- Hoffman, Mitchel; Palmer, James;. Simulation of enterotomy repair utilizing frozen porcine small intestine: baseline knowledge and subjective assessment of fidelity Journal of Gynecologic Surgery. , 2012.
- Palmer JM, Indermaur MD, Tebes CC, Spellacy WN. Placenta increta and cocaine abuse in a grand multipara leading to a second trimester rupture of an unscarred uterus: a case report. Southern Medical Journal. 101(8) : 834-5, 2008. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18622325
- Tebes SJ, Sayer RA, Palmer JM, Tebes CC, Martino MA, Hoffman MS. Cytoreductive surgery for patients with recurrent epithelial ovarian carcinoma. Gynecologic Oncology. 106(3) : 482-7, 2007. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17590420
- Residency Program Director (USF Morsani College of Medicine, University of South Florida 2013 - 2018)