Nauman S. Chaudhry, MD
Asst. Professor of Neurosurgery, Neurosurgery
1325 Lakeland Hills Blvd
Lakeland FL 33805
- MD, Medicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 2014
- BS, Neuroscience, University of Miami, 2010
"When you come to see me for an evaluation, I try my best to have an engaging and focused conversation so we can together find the simplest and most durable options to help get you back to enjoying life."
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Dr. Chaudhry has numerous peer reviewed publications and presentations in national meetings. He is an active member in multiple neurosurgical organizations including the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS), Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS), and a candidate fellow of the Scoliosis Research Society (SRS). His research interests include spinal cord injury and patient reported outcomes (PROM) in spinal deformity and scoliosis in the adult and adolescent populations.
- Member (Florida Neurosurgical Society (FNS), 2022 - Present)
- Candidate Fellow (Scoliosis Research Society (SRS), 2022 - Present)
- Member (North American Spine Society (NASS), 2020 - Present)
- Member (Cervical Spine Research Society (CSRS), 2020 - 2021)
- Member (Joint Spine Section AANS/CNS, 2019 - Present)
- Member (American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS), 2015 - Present)
- Member (Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS), 2015 - Present)
- Member (Joint Cerebrovascular Section AANS/CNS, 2015 - 2021)
- Member (Illinois State Medical Society (ISMS), 2015 - 2021)
- 31. Sykes DA, Tabarestani TQ, Salven DS, Chaudhry NS, Wang TY, Gottfried ON, Shaffrey CI, Guinn NR, Gadsen J, Ayoub CM, Bullock WM, Berger M, Abdelbarr MM Awake Spinal Anesthesia Facilitates Spine Surgery in Poor Surgical Candidates: A Case Series Neurochirurgie. , 2023.
- Ansari D, DesLaurier JT, Almadidy Z, Chaudhry NS, Mehta AI. A Retrospective Comparative Analysis of Perioperative Complications in Navigated versus Conventional Thoracolumbar Fusion in the Setting of Adult Spinal Deformity. World neurosurgery. 162: e616-e625, 2022.
- Behbahani M, Rosinski CL, Chaudhry NS, Chaker AN, Chiu RG, Du X, Mehta AI, Arnone GD, Amin-Hanjani S. Optimal timing and sequence of ventriculoperitoneal shunt and gastrostomy placement. Neurological research. 43(9) : 708-714, 2021.
- Patel S, Nunna RS, Ryoo JS, Ansari D, Chaudhry NS, Mehta AI. Outcomes and Patterns of Care in Adult Skull Base Chondrosarcoma Patients in the United States. World neurosurgery. 150: 71-83, 2021.
- Ansari D, Chiu RG, Kumar M, Patel S, Almadidy Z, Chaudhry NS, Mehta AI. Assessing the Clinical Safety Profile of Computer-Assisted Navigation for Posterior Cervical Fusion: A Propensity-Matched Analysis of 30-Day Outcomes. World neurosurgery. 150: e530-e538, 2021.
- Patel S, Ansari D, Patil SN, Burch TG, Chaker AN, Rosinski CL, Chaudhry NS, Mehta AI. High-Grade Spinal Hemangioma: A National Cancer Database Analysis. World neurosurgery. 148: e527-e535, 2021.
- Patel S, Nunna RS, Nie J, Ansari D, Chaudhry NS, Mehta AI. Incidence, Management, and Outcomes of Adult Spinal Chordoma Patients in the United States. Global spine journal. : 2192568221995155, 2021.
- Sadeh M, Chaudhry NS, Selner A, Behbahani M, Valyi-Nagy T, Atwal G. Intracranial Leiomyoma Associated with Epstein-Barr Virus: A Cerebellopontine Angle Mass Presenting with Trigeminal Neuralgia. World neurosurgery. 141: 284-290, 2020.
- Behbahani M, Burokas L, Rosinski CL, Rosenberg DM, Chaudhry NS, Sherman JM, Nikas DC. Treatment of pediatric extra-axial sinogenic infection: case series and literature review. Child''s nervous system : ChNS : official journal of the International Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery. 36(4) : 755-766, 2020.
- Bhimani AD, Rosinski CL, Patel S, Chaudhry NS, Denyer S, Behbahani M, Mehta AI. Adult Spinal Arteriovenous Malformations: Natural History and a Multicenter Study of Short-Term Surgical Outcomes. World neurosurgery. 132: e290-e296, 2019.
- Behbahani M, Rosenberg DM, Rosinski CL, Chaudhry NS, Nikas D. Cranioplasty in Infants Less Than 24 Months of Age: A Retrospective Case Review of Pitfalls, Outcomes, and Complications. World neurosurgery. 132: e479-e486, 2019.
- Chaudhry NS, Bi WL, Gupta S, Keraliya A, Shimizu N, Chiocca EA. Pneumatosis Intestinalis After Molecular-Targeted Therapy. World neurosurgery. 125: 312-315, 2019.
- Chaudhry NS, Brunozzi D, Shakur SF, Charbel FT, Alaraj A. Ruptured posterior cerebral artery aneurysm presenting with a contralateral cranial nerve III palsy: A case report. Surgical neurology international. 9: 52, 2018.
- Chaudhry NS, Orning JL, Shakur SF, Amin-Hanjani S, Aletich VA, Charbel FT, Alaraj A. Safety and efficacy of balloon angioplasty of the anterior cerebral artery for vasospasm treatment after subarachnoid hemorrhage. Interventional neuroradiology : journal of peritherapeutic neuroradiology, surgical procedures and related neurosciences. 23(4) : 372-377, 2017.
- Chaudhry NS, Gaynor BG, Hussain S, Dernbach PD, Aziz-Sultan MA. Etiology and Treatment Modalities of Occipital Artery Aneurysms. World neurosurgery. 102: 697.e1-697.e4, 2017.
- Chaudhry NS, Raber MR, Cote DJ, Laws ER. Spontaneous pituitary adenoma occurring after resection of a Rathke''s cleft cyst. Journal of clinical neuroscience : official journal of the Neurosurgical Society of Australasia. 33: 247-251, 2016.
- Chaudhry NS, Ahmad FU, Morcos JJ. Pineal region schwannoma arising from the trochlear nerve. Journal of clinical neuroscience : official journal of the Neurosurgical Society of Australasia. 32: 159-61, 2016.
- Chaudhry NS, Ambekar S, Elhammady MS, Riley JP, Pradilla G, Nogueira RG, Ahmad FU. Combined use of intraoperative indocyanine green and dynamic angiography in rotational vertebral artery occlusion. Journal of clinical neuroscience : official journal of the Neurosurgical Society of Australasia. 30: 152-154, 2016.
- Hussain S, Barbarite E, Chaudhry NS, Gupta K, Dellarole A, Peterson EC, Elhammady MS. Search for Biomarkers of Intracranial Aneurysms: A Systematic Review. World neurosurgery. 84(5) : 1473-83, 2015.
- Chaudhry NS, Ahmad FU, Whittington E, Schatz N, Morcos JJ. Primary intrinsic chiasmal germinoma. Journal of neuro-ophthalmology : the official journal of the North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society. 35(2) : 171-4, 2015.
- Chaudhry NS, Ozpinar A, Bi WL, Chavakula V, Chi JH, Dunn IF. Basilar Invagination: Case Report and Literature Review. World neurosurgery. 83(6) : 1180.e7-11, 2015.
- Chaudhry NS, Johnson JN, Morcos JJ. Ventriculomammary shunt: an unusual ventriculoperitoneal shunt complication. Journal of clinical neuroscience : official journal of the Neurosurgical Society of Australasia. 22(2) : 402-4, 2015.
- Chaudhry NS, Ahmad FU, Bullock MR, Wang MY. Traumatic brain injury at your fingertips! Neurosurgery. 74(2) : N19-22, 2014.
- Chaudhry NS, Ahmad F, Blieden C, Morcos JJ. Suprasellar and sellar paraganglioma presenting as a nonfunctioning pituitary macroadenoma. Journal of clinical neuroscience : official journal of the Neurosurgical Society of Australasia. 20(11) : 1615-8, 2013.
- Chaudhry NS, Shah AH, Ferraro N, Snelling BM, Bregy A, Madhavan K, Komotar RJ. Predictors of long-term survival in patients with glioblastoma multiforme: advancements from the last quarter century. Cancer investigation. 31(5) : 287-308, 2013.
- Chaudhry NS, Ahmad FU, Blieden C, Benveniste RJ. Brainstem anaplastic glioma in patients with AIDS: a case report and review of the literature. BMJ case reports. 2013, 2013.
- Bigford GE, Chaudhry NS, Keane RW, Holohean AM. 5-Hydroxytryptamine 5HT2C receptors form a protein complex with N-methyl-D-aspartate GluN2A subunits and activate phosphorylation of Src protein to modulate motoneuronal depolarization. The Journal of biological chemistry. 287(14) : 11049-59, 2012.
- North American Meeting Scholarship for Residents and Fellows (Scoliosis Research Society - 2022)
- Pediatric Spinal Deformity: On the Cutting Edge Young Surgeon Grant Program (Broadwater - 2022)
- Resident & Fellow Annual Meeting Scholarship Program (Cervical Spine Research Society - 2021)
- Research Incentive Deans Award (University of Illinois at Chicago - 2017)
- Thomas Brown McClelland Trust Medical Scholar (4x) (Rotary Club of Miami - 2014)
- Top Poster for Spine Research (Congress of Neurological Surgeons - 2012)
- Neuroscience Recognition for Outstanding Achievement (University of Miami - 2010)
- General Honors & Honors with Distinction in Neuroscience (University of Miami - 2010)
- Medical Scholars Program (MSP) (University of Miami - 2008)
- Bowman Foster Ashe Academic Merit Scholar (University of Miami - 2006)
- Valedictorian (Highschool - 2006)