Naomi Abel, MD
Director, College of Medicine Neurosurgery
Director of Electrodiagnostic Medicine Lab, Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Director, Baclofen Pump Program
2 Tampa General Circle
Tampa FL 33606
Academic Phone:(813) 259-0830
- MD, Medical College of Georgia, 1987
- Member (American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2012 - Present)
- Diplomat (American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine, 2012 - Present)
- Member (Brain Injury Association of Florida, 2012 - Present)
- Member (American Medical Association, 2012 - Present)
- Member (American Spinal Injury Association, 2012 - Present)
- Member (Association of Academic Physiatrists, 2012 - Present)
- Abel NA, De Sousa EA, Govindarajan R, Mayer MP, Simpson DA. Guidelines for ethical behavior relating to clinical practice issues in neuromuscular and electrodiagnostic medicine. Muscle & nerve. 52(6) : 1122-9, 2015.
- Ahmadian A, Deukmedjian AR, Abel N, Dakwar E, Uribe JS. Analysis of lumbar plexopathies and nerve injury after lateral retroperitoneal transpsoas approach: diagnostic standardization. Journal of neurosurgery. Spine. 18(3) : 289-97, 2013.
- Ahmadian A, Abel N, Uribe JS. Functional recovery of severe obturator and femoral nerve injuries after lateral retroperitoneal transpsoas surgery. Journal of neurosurgery. Spine. 18(4) : 409-14, 2013.
- Uribe JS, Kolla J, Omar H, Dakwar E, Abel N, Mangar D, Camporesi E. Brachial plexus injury following spinal surgery. Journal of neurosurgery. Spine. 13(4) : 552-8, 2010.
- Leonard JA, Abel N, Cochrane T, Denys E, Goldman E, Musick DW, Simpson D, Swisher K. Guidelines for ethical behavior relating to clinical practice issues in neuromuscular and electrodiagnostic medicine. Muscle & nerve. 42(4) : 480-6, 2010.
- Rumbak MJ, Chokshi SK, Abel N, Abel W, Kittusamy PK, McCormack J, Patel MM, Fontanet H. Left phrenic nerve paresis complicating catheter radiofrequency ablation for Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. American heart journal. 132(6) : 1281-5, 1996.
- Abel NA, Smith RA. Intrathecal baclofen for treatment of intractable spinal spasticity. Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation. 75(1) : 54-8, 1994.
- Director (Baclofen Pump Program, University of South Florida 1992 - 2012)
- Peszczynski Award of Excellence to the Outstanding Resident (Emery University - 1991)
- Recipient (Rho Chi Pharmacy Honor Society - 1982)