Eric Lewandowski, PhD
Scientific Researcher, College of Medicine Molecular Medicine
12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., MDC 7
Tampa FL 33612
Academic Email: email@example.com
- PhD, Medical Sciences, University of South Florida*, 2015
- MS, Medical Science, University of South Florida, 2008
- BS, Microbiology and Cell Science, University of Florida, 2007
- Our lab focuses on structure based drug design through the use of X-ray crystallography and molecular docking.
- My research is focused on discovering novel inhibitors of the protein monofunctional transglycosylase (MTG). MTG catalyzes the second to last step of bacterial cell wall formation and has only one known inhibitor, but unfortunately it is ineffective in humans. By combining fragment based molecular docking with protein X-ray crystallography I hope to discover novel inhibitors against MTG and other transglycosylases involved in bacterial cell wall formation. These novel inhibitors could lead to a new class of antibiotic that would ultimately be effective against bacteria that are resistant to many currently available drugs.