Elena Suvorova, PhD
Assistant Professor, Division of Infectious Disease & International Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Morsani College of Medicine
USF Infectious DIsease Research
12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd, MDC84
Tampa FL 33612
Academic Phone:(813) 974-5989
View My C.V.
- PhD, Biolchemistry, Institute of Biochemistry and Physiology of Microorganisms*, 1999
- PhD, Biochemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, 1999
- MS, Genetics, Kazan State University, 1989
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Disease
- Merrick CJ, Absalon S, Brochet M, Li Z, Suvorova E. Editorial: Celebrating Microbial Diversity: The Many Cell Cycles of Eukaryotic Microbes Frontiers Cell Infect Microbiol. doi: 10-3389/fcimb.2021.738994. , 2021.
- Sinai AP, and Suvorova E The RESTRICTION checkpoint: a window of opportunity governing developmental transitions in Toxoplasma gondi Curr Opin Microbio. doi: 10.1016/1.mib.2020.02.009. , 2020.
- White MW, and Suvorova ES Apicomplexa development: something old, borrowed, lost and new Trends in Parasitology. 34(11) : 1012-1013, 2018.
- Assistant Professor of Research (Center for Global Health and Infectious Disease, College of Public Health, University of South Florida 2018 - 2018)
- Assistant Professor of Research (Department of Global Health, College of Public Health, University of South Florida 2016 - 2018)
- Postdoctoral Fellow (Department of Microbiology, Montana State University 2003 - 2008)
- Incentive Award (USF Office of Research & Innovation - 2017)
- Postdoctoral Training Award (Department of Defense, Breast Cancer Research Program of the US Army Medical Research - 2002)
- Postdoctoral Travel Award (FEMS - 1999)
- Scholarship for Academic Excellence (Kazan State University - 1989)