Lynette Menezes, PhD
Assistant Vice President International, USF Health
Assistant Dean International, Morsani College of Medicine
Co-Director, Scholarly Concentration in International Medicine
Associate Professor, Internal Medicine
12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd
Tampa FL 33612
Academic Phone:(813) 844-8037
View My C.V.
- PhD, Public Health, University of South Florida, 2003
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Disease
- Dr. Menezes research interests include HIV, STI prevalence and HPV associated cancers particularly among HIV patients in India. She is interested in the epidemiology and transmission of HPV as well as prevention strategies for HPV associated cancers including HPV screening and vaccination. She is currently working with Dr. Giuliano from Moffitt Center and other investigators investigating HPV infection among HIV-positive women in India.
- Committee on Foreign Relations, Tampa Bay (Elected Member, 2012 - Present)
- International Papillomavirus Society (Member, 2011 - Present)
- International AIDS Society (Member, 2006 - Present)
- Florida Center for Survivors of Torture and Refugee Services, Gulf Coast Jewish Family Services (Advisory Board Member, 2002 - Present)
- American Public Health Association (Member, 1999 - Present)
- Global Health Council (Member, 2001 - 2012)
- Wei F, Xia N, Ocampo R, Goodman MT, Hessol NA, Grinsztejn B, Ortiz AP, Zhao F, Kojic EM, Kaul R, Heard I, Morhason Bello IO, Moscicki AB, de Pokomandy A, Palefsky JM, Rodrigues LLS, Mandishora RSD, Ramautarsing RA, Franceschi S, Godbole SV, Tso FK, Menezes LJ, Lin C, Clifford GM. Age-specific prevalence of anal and cervical HPV infection and high-grade lesions in 11 177 women by HIV status: a collaborative pooled analysis of 26 studies. The Journal of Infectious Diseases. doi: 10.1093/infdis/jiac108. , 2022. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/35325151
- Hooper MD, Linkowski LC, Menezes L, Messler J Summer without Shelter in Tampa During COVID-19 AMA J Ethics. 23(11) : e898-904, 2021.
- Liu P, Shen L, Wang S, Qin P, Si Y, Pan M, Zeng W, Qin Y, Chen X, Zhang Y, Li C, Xiang Z, Menezes L, Huang Y, Cui L, Yang Z. Increasing proportions of relapsing parasite species among imported malaria in China's Guangxi Province from Western and Central Africa Med Infect Dis. doi:10.1016/j.tmaid.2021.102130 PubMed PMID: 34166802. , 2021.
- Vakos A, Khalil N, Kumar A, Menezes L, Ahson M. Assessment of Growth in Pediatric Syrian Refugee Populations in Jordan Avicenna J Med. 11(4) : 167-171, 2021.
- Yang H, Wang J, Liu H, Zhao Y, Lakshmi S, Li X, Nie R, Li C, Wang H, Cao Y, Menezes L, Cui L. Efficacy and Safety of a Naphthoquine-Asithromycin Coformulation for Marlaria Prophylaxis in Southeast Asia: A Phase 3, Double-blind, Randomized, Placebo-controlled Trial Clin Infect Dis. 73(7) : e2470-2476, 2021.
- Wu Y, Soe MT, Aung PL, Zhao L, Zeng W, Menezes L, Yang Z, Kyaw MP, Cui L. Efficacy of artemether-lumefantrine for treating uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum cases and molecular surveillance of drug resistance genes in Western Myanmar Malar J. doi: 10.1186/s12936-020-03376-5. PMID: 32854686. 19(1) : 304, 2020.
- Pedapudi AD Davis RA Rosenberg P Koilpillai P Balasubramanya B Johnson AR Kumar A Menezes L. Overweight and obesity among school-going adolescents in Bengaluru, South India Indian Journal of Community and Family Medicine. DOI: 10.4103/IJCFM.IJCFM_70_19. 6(1) : 28-33, 2020.
- Zhao Y, Wang L, Soe MT, Aung PL, Wei H, Liu Z, Ma T, Huang Y, Menezes LJ, Wang Q, Kyaw MP, Nyunt MH, Cui L, Cao Y Molecular surveillance for drug resistance markers in Plasmodium vivax isolates from symptomatic and asymptomatic infections at the China-Myanmar border. PubMed Central. , 2020.
- Wu Y, Soe MT, Aung PL, Zhao L, Zeng W, Menezes L, Yang Z, Kyaw MP, Cui L Efficacy of artemether-lumefantrine for treating uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum cases and molecular surveillance of drug resistance genes in Western Myanmar PubMed Central. 19: 304, 2020.
- Zhao Y, Liu Z, Soe MY, Wang L, Soe TN, Wei H, Than A, Aung PL, Li Y, Zhang X, Hu Y, Wei H, Zhang Y, Burgess J, Siddiqui FA, Menezes L, et, al. Genetic Variations Associated with Drug Resistance Markers in Asymptomatic Plasmodium
falciparum Infections in Myanmar Genes. 10(9) : 692, 2019.
- Aung PL, Pumpaibool T, Soe TN, Burgess J, Menezes LJ, Kyaw MP, Cui L. Health education
through mass media announcements by loudspeakers about malaria care: prevention and practice
among people living in a malaria endemic area of northern Myanmar Malar J. 18(1) : 362, 2019.
- Lin C, Slama J, Gonzalez P, Goodman MT, Xia N, Kreimer AR, Wu T, Hessol NA, Shvetsov Y, Ortiz AP, Grinsztejn B, Moscicki AB, Heard I, Del Refugio González Losa M, Kojic EM, Schim van der Loeff MF, Wei F, Longatto-Filho A, Mbulawa ZA, Palefsky JM, Sohn AH, Hernandez BY, Robison K, Simpson S Jr, Conley LJ, de Pokomandy A, van der Sande MAB, Dube Mandishora RS, Volpini LPB, Pierangeli A, Romero B, Wilkin T, Franceschi S, HidalgoTenorio C, Ramautarsing RA, Park IU, Tso FK, Godbole S, D'Hauwers KWM, Sehnal B,
Menezes LJ, Heráclio SA, Clifford G Cervical determinants of anal HPV infection and high-grade anal lesions in women: a collaborative pooled analysis Lancet Infect Dis. 19(8) : 880-891, 2019.
- Menezes LJ, Pokharel U, Sudenga SL, Botha MH, Zeier M, Abrahamsen ME, Glashoff RH, Engelbrecht S, Schim van der Loeff MF, van der Laan LE, Kipping S, Taylor D, Giuliano AR. Patterns of prevalent HPV and STI co-infections and associated factors among HIV-negative young Western Cape, South African women: the EVRI trial. Sexually transmitted infections. , 2017. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28490581
- Somboonwit C, Menezes LJ, Holt D, Sinnott JT & Shapshak P. Current views and challenges on clinical cholera Bioinformation. 13(12) : 405-409, 2017.
- Menezes LJ Poongulali S Tommasino M Lin HY Kumarasamy N Fisher KJ Saravanan S Gheit T Ezhilarasi C Jeeva A Lu B Guiliano A. Prevalence and concordance of human papillomavirus infection at multiple anatomic sites among HIV-infected women from Chennai, India Int J STD AIDS. 27(7) : 543-53, 2016.
- Chenneville T, Menezes L, Kosambiya J, and Baxi . A Case Study of the Resources and Functioning of Two Research Ethics Committees in India Journal of Empirical Research on Human Research Ethics. , 2016.
- Menezes LJ, Morano JP, Mundra L. Human Papilloma Virus In Global Virology I: Identifying and Investigating Viral Diseases, Springer Publications (P Shapshak, JT Sinnott, C Somboonwit & J Kuhn eds.). : 15-43, 2015.
- Menezes LJ, Jang SE, Ross DJ, Glaser AD, Varghese R. Prevalence and Concordance of Human Papillomavirus Infection at Multiple Anatomic Sites Among HIV-infected Women from Chennai, India Int J STD AIDS OnlineFirst (doi: 10.1177/0956462415587226). , 2015.
- Outstanding USF College of Public Health Alumni Award (University of South Florida College of Public Health - 2022)
- Nominee, 2021 Florida Outstanding Woman in Public Health (University of South Florida College of Public Health - 2021)
- Outstanding Student Organization Advisor (University of South Florida - 2021)
- Member (Alpha Omega Alpha Gama Chapter, USF Health Morsani College of Medicine - 2016)
- Honorable Mention (Global Achievement Administrator Award, USF World, Universit of South Florida - 2016)
- Delta Omega (National Public Health Honor Society - 2007)
- Outstanding Junior Faculty Award (Division of Infectious Disease, College of Medicine, University of South Florida - 2004)