Aliyah Baluch, MD, MSc, FACP
Associate Member, Division of Infectious Disease, Department of Internal Medicine
Associate Professor, Department of Oncologic Sciences
12902 Magnolia Drive
Tampa FL 33612
Academic Email: Aliyah.Baluch@moffitt.org
Academic Phone:(813) 745-7452
- MSc, Experimental Medicine, University of Alberta, 2013
- MD, Medicine, University of South Florida, 2004
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Disease
- American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (Associate Member, 2014 - Present)
- The Transplantation Society (Member, 2010 - Present)
- American Society of Transplantation (Member, 2010 - Present)
- Infectious Disease Society of America (Member, 2007 - Present)
- American College of Physcians (Member, 2004 - Present)
- Pasikhova Y, Ludlow S, Baluch A. Fever in Patients With Cancer. Cancer control : journal of the Moffitt Cancer Center. 24(2) : 193-197, 2017. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28441374
- Shannon K, Pasikhova Y, Ibekweh Q, Ludlow S, Baluch A. Nocardiosis following hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Transplant Infectious Disease. , 2016. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26809666
- Baluch A. State of the Globe: The Rippling Effect of Multidrug-Resistant Gram-negative Infections. Journal of Global Infectious Disease. 7(4) : 125-6, 2016. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26752866
- Baluch A, Pasikhova Y, Snyder. Successful management of Mycobacterium haemophilum lower extremity cutaneous infection in a matched unrelated donor stem cell transplant recipient Transplant Infectious Disease. , 2016.
- Fernandez-Ruiz M, Humar A, Baluch A, Kshwani S, Husain S, Kumar. Baseline Serum IL-6 to IL-2 Ratio is Associated with the Response to Seasonal Trivalent Influenza Vaccine in Solid Organ Transplant Recipients (PMID 26555352) Vaccine. , 2015.
- Egli A, Huma A, Widmer L, Santer D, Mueller T, Stelling J, Baluch A, O'Shea D, Houghton M, Kumar . Effect of Immunosuppression on Th2 and B-cell Responses to Influenza Vaccination (PMID 25589334) Journal of Infectious Disease. , 2015.
- Egli A, Santer D, O'Shae D, Barakat K, Syedbacha M, Vollmer M, Baluch A, et. al. IL-28B is a Key Regulator of B- and T-cell Vaccine Responses Against Influenza (PMID 25503988) PLos One. , 2014.
- Raturi R, Palacio C, Baluch A, Vargas J, Kenny P, Greene J. Retrospective Analysis of opportunistic Brain Abscesses in Patients with Hematologic Malignancies Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice. (22) : 96-103, 2014.
- Baluch A, Humar A, Eurich D, Egli A, Liacinia A, Hoschler K, Campbell P, Berka N, Urschel S, Wilson L Kumar . Randomized Controlled Trial of High-Dose Intradermal vs. Standard-Dose Intramuscular Influenza Vaccine in Organ Transplant Recipients American Journal of Transplantation. , 2013.
- Baluch A, Pasikhova Y. Influenza Vaccination in Oncology Patients (PMID 24258350) Current Infectious Disease Reports. , 2013.
- Alrabaa S, Nguyen P, Sanderson R, Baluch A, Kelkar D, et, al. Early Identification and Control of Carbapenem Resistant Klebsiella Pneumoniae Originating from Contaminated Edoscopic Equipment (PMID 23171594) American Journal of Infection Control. , 2013.
- Baluch A, Humar A, Egli A, Gubbay J, Lisboa L, Wilson L, Kumar . Long Term Immune Responses to Pandemic Influenza A/H1N1 Infection in Solid Organ Transplant Recipients PLos ONE. , 2011.
- Member, Moffitt Cancer Center Leadership Acadmy (Moffitt Cancer Center - 2018)
- Nick Porter Award for "Spirit of Moffitt" (SMART - Moffit Antibiotic Stewarship Program - 2013)
- Fellow (American College of Physicians - 2013)
- Graduate Students' Association Professional Development Grant (University of Alberta - 2012)
- Young Investigator Award (American Transplant Congress - 2012)
- J. Gordin Kaplan Graduate Student Award, given by Faculty of Graduate Students and Research (University of Alberta - 2012)