Jose Montero, MD, FACP, FIDSA
Medical Director, Antimicrobial Stewardship Program, Tampa General Hospital
Professor, Morsani College of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine
Division of Infectious Diseases
1 Tampa General Circle
Tampa FL 33606
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone:(813) 844-4187
- Fellowship, Infectious Disease, University of South Florida, 1998
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Duke University, 1996
- MD, Medicine, University of South Florida, 1993
- BS, Biology, University of South Florida, 1989
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Disease
- Florida Infectious Disease Society (Member, 2009 - Present)
- American College of Physicians - American Society of Internal Medicine (Fellow, 1998 - Present)
- Infectious Disease Society of America (Member, Fellow-2017, 1998 - Present)
- American Medical Association (Member, 1989 - 2014)
- Alrabaa S, Jariwala R, Zeitler K, Montero Fecal microbiota transplantation outcomes in immunocompetent and immunocompromised patients: A single center experience Transplant Infectious Disease. , 2017.
- Singh N, Sifri CD, Silveira FP, Miller R, Gregg KS, Huprikar S, Lease ED, Zimmer A, Dummer JS, Spak CW, Koval C, Banach DB, Shroff M, Le J, Ostrander D, Avery R, Eid A, Razonable RR, Montero J, Blumberg E, Alynbiawi A, Morris MI, Randall HB, Alangaden G, Tessier J, Cacciarelli TV, Wagener MM, Sun HY. Unique characteristics of cryptococcosis identified after death in patients with liver cirrhosis: comparison with concurrent cohort diagnosed antemortem. Medical Mycology [Epub ahead of print]. PMID:28513974. (55) : 278-284, 2017. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27601609
- Verma SK, Martin A, Montero JA. Atypical Cat Scratch Disease With Hepatosplenic Involvement. Clinical gastroenterology and hepatology : the official clinical practice journal of the American Gastroenterological Association. , 2016. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27484614
- Singh N, Sifri CD, Silveira FP, Miller R, Gregg KS, Huprikar S, Lease ED, Zimmer A, Dummer JS, Spak CW, Koval C, Banach DB, Shroff M, Le J, Ostrander D, Avery R, Eid A, Razonable RR, Montero J, et al. Cryptococcosis in patients with cirrhosis of the liver and post-transplant outcomes Transplantation. 99: 2132-2141, 2015.
- Carris NW, Pardo J, Montero J, Shaeer K. Minocycline as a substitute for doxycycline in targeted scenarios: a systematic review Open Forum Infectious Disease. 2: 1-11, 2015.
- Montero JA, Alrabaa SF, Wills T. Mycobacterium abscessus ventriculoperitoneal shunt infection and review of the literature Infection. , 2015.
- Alrabaa S, Nguyen P, Sanderson R, Baluch A, Kelkar D, Karlapalem C, Thompson P, Sams K, Martin S, Montero J, Greene J. Early identification and control of carbapenem resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae, originating from contaminated endoscopic equipment American Journal of Infection Control. 41(6) : 562-564, 2013.
- Pham T, Alrabaa S, Somboonwit C, Hung L, Montero J. The HIV virologic outcomes of different interventions among treatment-experienced patients with 2 consecutive detectable low-level viremia. Journal of International Assopciation of Physicians in AIDS Care. 10(1) : 54-56, 2011.
- Tran D, Maradia K, Montero J. Lemierre syndrome: a rare disease affecting previously healthy, young individuals. Southern medical journal. 103(11) : 1190, 2010. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20926992
- Larkin JA, Montero JA. Efficacy and safety of amphotericin B lipid complex in the treatment of patients with zygomycosis. Infections in Medicine. 20: 201-206, 2003.
- Montero JA, Zaulyanov LL, Houston SH, Sinnott JT. Chancroid: an update. Infections in Medicine. 19: 174-178, 2002.
- Montero JA, Sinnott JT, Holt DA, Lloyd C. Biliary cryptosporidiosis: current concepts. Infections in Medicine. 18: 312-316, 2001.
- Chief of Medical Staff (Maternal-Child Clinics, Hillsborough County Health Department 2002 - 2006)
- Assistant Professor (Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, University of South Florida 1998 - 2003)
- Faculty Coordinator (CDC STD Expansion Program, University of South Florida 1998 - 2002)
- Fellow (Infectious Disease Society of America - 2017)
- Outstanding Teacher Award (University of South Florida Infectious Disease Fellows - 2014)
- Barness/Behnke Chapter of the Gold Humanism Honor Society (Gold Humanism Honor Society - 2011)
- Best Doctors in America (Best Doctors in America - 2010)
- USF Leadership Institute (USF Leadership Institute - 2007)
- Fellow, American College (American College of Physicians - 2002)
- AOA Member (Alpha Omega Alpha - 1993)